Pattern Reviews> Children's Corner> #77 (Louise)

Reviewed by:isewstuff

About isewstuffstar
Member since: 9/11/08
Posted on:2/8/10 0:28 AM
Last Updated:2/8/10 10:53 AM

Quilt2Quilt said... (2/9/10 8:18 AM) Reply
You are an amazing seamstress. Beautiful job! Thank you for sharing the information regarding the helpful video. I hope you will keep sewing and sharing your beautiful creations.
KarenG said... (2/8/10 7:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and adorable little girl! Thanks for sharing the website. I would love to make some of these dresses for my granddaughter.
Gecko said... (2/8/10 7:13 PM) Reply
This little dress is beautiful! The best thing I've seen all day- great job!
isewstuff said... (2/8/10 5:47 PM) Reply
As far as special tools: I used a smocking pleater to pleat the inset fabric. That's pretty much it. There are a few places online that will pleat the fabric for you.
Lesia said... (2/8/10 2:45 PM) Reply
Absolutely adorable! Did the smocking require any special tools? I've always wanted to try it. Beautiful job!
isewstuff said... (2/8/10 10:50 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. When sewing the beads on, I used double stranded floss and quadruple knotted when beginning and ending. Other than that, no special precautions. After wearing it all day and machine washing it (to get the cake and ice cream off), all beads were still attached. I also made a mental note that each cupcake had 8 beads on it, and I watched them closely. I will check out the Childrens Corner videos in the future, it's good to know I wasn't the only confused one! ;)
RadarRadiance said... (2/8/10 9:42 AM) Reply
Love it and your little model, too! Just a doll! Liked the smocking, very nice.
Christas said... (2/8/10 8:54 AM) Reply
What a precious little girl and dress! The smocking is so pretty.
clt3 said... (2/8/10 8:26 AM) Reply
I think other people were confused about the armholes also. CC has added videos to their site to show you how. Gorgeous dress. http://www.childrenscornerinc.com/video1.html
craftygamma said... (2/8/10 6:21 AM) Reply
That dress is absolutely adorable! And, by the way, so is the model. Do you take any extra precautions when sewing beads on little one's clothes? I have a DGD that loves sparkles, but I worry about beads coming off.
morzel said... (2/8/10 4:59 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! Stunning. And thanks for the link to your inspiration - that really is an inspirational site!
ClaireEmily said... (2/8/10 4:07 AM) Reply
This is the most adorable outfit. I love everything about it. I hope that your daughter had a fabulous birthday!
jilly cooper said... (2/8/10 3:40 AM) Reply
i like your style. The pima cotton red plaid is beautiful - just like the little sweetie:)

Other dress 15 drape drape