Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7876 (Wrap Top w/ Drape Collar)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:2/9/10 4:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Gendun said... (3/27/12 11:42 PM) Reply
Nice choice of fabric for you. I'm no seamstress, and I only recently took up sewing because people tell me I'm so good at fitting.. laughs. The sewing part - well, we shall see. (laughs) Anyway, looking at that pattern on you my gut says try a larger size and fit from there. Have you ever made a sloper or tried one of these? It might be hugely informative for you. http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m2718-products-726.php?page_id=528
Terri A said... (2/27/10 3:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. It sounds like a poorly drafted pattern to me. I love the fabric though.
masterseamstress said... (2/23/10 12:30 PM) Reply
No one can assist you with your fitting problems you mention: "I would be very happy to have any ideas on what is going on with the fit here and what changes need to be made to the armscye/sleeve to get a comfortable fit", because you don't offer your body measurements. Perhaps you need to move up to a larger size in the bust area. Your back and shoulder area look much broader than mine, and I cut a 6 only in the bust area. Everywhere else in the upper body I cut a 8. I looked at your review also for V8597, and I'm confused that most of the reviews on here are positive for that pattern; your's seems to be the only one with so much distain. Also, when you say you are making them for pj's do you mean lounge wear.
becca a said... (2/10/10 7:34 PM) Reply
The color is stunning on you. Sorry you are disappointed with the fit.
kerrynw said... (2/10/10 0:49 AM) Reply
Sorry about the fit but the colour does suit you.
Mufffet said... (2/9/10 8:38 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and the picture is really nice! But if it doesn't fit - that's a pain. As a short person myself, and one who was once proportioned rather as you are, these sorts of patterns just don't do it for me either. I do have broad shoulders though, but I find that sometimes a longer upper body is needed or a whole lot of alterations. Is there a Burda in much the same style? I bet that would fit better and be more flattering. Burdas are just so well drafted and you use them so much.
Berniejh said... (2/9/10 6:36 PM) Reply
I'm not sure the shape of the garment is right for your body shape. This shaped garment (cross over, low v neck) suits an inverted triangle - broad shoulders and slim hips, it makes your already slim shoulders look non-existant. The fabric is lovely but maybe you need to pass this one up for another style.
Leu said... (2/9/10 5:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Very helpful information. Sorry about the pjs.
no7262 said... (2/9/10 5:21 PM) Reply
I am sorry that you such trouble with the fit. I think that it is worth getting the right fit because it looks great on you! I'm going to have to add this to my list......Nora :)
FreyaStark said... (2/9/10 5:17 PM) Reply
I'm sorry it is so disappointing. The fabric is gorgeous.

Burda 9671