Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias
JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2474 (Misses Sportswear)

Reviewed by:callmeRuth

About callmeRuthstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 5/4/06
Posted on:2/10/10 1:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
4u2cme said... (9/22/10 9:17 AM) Reply
I really like the color of your cardi. I have this pattern in my stash. I also like to wear a simple cardi at work. It is often cool in my office. I will rotate this pattern to my To Sew List.
montanagrandma said... (2/15/10 9:36 AM) Reply
as for skipped stitches...sometimes using tissue paper over and under fabric will help with that it easily tears away when finished
callmeRuth said... (2/13/10 11:57 AM) Reply
Jill, that helps a lot.... I always think of ponte as the fabric of stiff cheerleading uniforms, lol. Also, I don't remember if I prewashed the fabric. I 'usually' always do, but sometimes forget....
jillnjosh said... (2/11/10 6:06 AM) Reply
Hi Ruth! It looks great. I'm pretty sure it's the RPL Ponte doubleknit. It's comparable to Sophia knits in weight and hand. Not to be confused with the old fashioned polyester ponte used for cheerleading uniforms, lol. Did you adjust your stitch length when you were trying to get rid of the skipping stitches? Also, like Renren said, did you wash it before sewing? I have some that I meant to sew up a couple of months ago, but haven't gotten around to. - Jill, mom to Josh
Christas said... (2/10/10 5:07 PM) Reply
Very cute cardigan!
ImListening said... (2/10/10 10:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for introducing me to a nice cardigan pattern. It looks great on you. What do you mean when you say you are "hesitant to use it again until I can figure out how to prevent poor stitches." I couldn't see poor stitches in your photo. You might notice them, but no one else will. And, your standards are probably higher than those of the general public who will be seeing you. It's so pretty.
ImListening said... (2/10/10 10:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for introducing me to a nice cardigan pattern. It looks great on you. What do you mean you are "hesitant to use it again until I can figure out how to prevent poor stitches." I couldn't see poor stitches in your photo. You might notice them, but no one else will. And, your standards are probably higher than those of the general public who will be seeing you. It's so pretty.
renren said... (2/10/10 9:48 AM) Reply
In addition to the troubleshooting you did with the skipped stitches problem, the only other factor I found in a google search was to remove any sizing because this can cause skipped stitches. I guess that would be done by prewashing (preshrinking) the fabric. Other than that and what you've done, I don't have another idea. Lovely cardigan though and I do believe with J's 5 Simplicity/$5 sale coming up, I might need this pattern! Lovely!
mssewcrazy said... (2/10/10 8:25 AM) Reply
That is a really nice cardi. I must buy this pattern at the next sale-great that it comes in such a wide size range. Thanks for showing it.

by: Sheila457