Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2774 (Misses' / Women's knit dress i)

Reviewed by:Larisa

About Larisastarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:2/10/10 11:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
Kayseri said... (2/11/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warnings. This is in my stash for next winter (itf summer here now), and I'll make sure to do a muslin & check sizing.
Larisa said... (2/11/10 1:05 PM) Reply
fryman - no crap! However, I like to make the first run of a pattern as it's written, etc. I can easily take this one in via the serger, it was just a disappointment since I have LOTS of knits that I was hoping to go through. I think I will use them for a different pattern now rather than re-do this one.
fryman said... (2/11/10 12:28 PM) Reply
sewers and carpenters follow the same rule i.e., measure twice/cut once. The "designer's ease may be more than you like and therefore fits loose. Good luck next time.
jannw said... (2/11/10 8:03 AM) Reply
pretty fabric..thanx for the heads up about the sizing issues
moushka said... (2/11/10 0:58 AM) Reply
I think the problem with this pattern is the lack of a defined shoulder line and the very open neckline. This is just not a flattering style for most of us. It does seem to run large. Maybe re-cut it a size smaller and get rid of some of the volume at the centre front? Pretty fabric which it's a shame to waste. Thanks for the review which confirmed my concerns about the pattern.

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Designer Dress Shirt Pattern