Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3594 (Bra)

Reviewed by:HatBuddy

About HatBuddystar
United States
Member since: 7/17/06
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:2/10/10 11:17 PM
Last Updated:2/12/10 12:14 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

sewmamma2 said... (5/21/10 6:26 PM) Reply
-I would love to give one a try, I am allergic to latex so finding a bra is tough. Thanks for all the good advice, I am encouraged to try one...
HatBuddy said... (2/17/10 10:16 PM) Reply
Karin and Loti Thanks so much for your encouragement. Gives me courage to tackle the Bra delima yet one more time!
loti said... (2/17/10 10:11 PM) Reply
I'm learning about bras as well, don't give up yet. I agree with Karen, powernet, and keep at it until you perfect the fit. They don't take a lot of fabric, and when you have one that fits it's great!
Karin Mantefors said... (2/13/10 12:43 PM) Reply
Powernet! powernet! powernet! IŽve found out that nothing supports like powernet, by layering the outer fabric with powernet youŽll get a better support and donŽt forget the band too, The band provides more support than you think! Keep going! once youŽll get the correct fit you can just start clooning them using different fabrics.
HatBuddy said... (2/11/10 9:00 PM) Reply

HatBuddy said... (2/11/10 8:59 PM) Reply
Oh..yeah and I will also take off the straps on this one and replace with wider elastic after I find what I need to order. :)
HatBuddy said... (2/11/10 8:58 PM) Reply
jannw and Ica Thanks so much for your help. I will make another using your advice!
lca said... (2/11/10 4:12 PM) Reply
Does the fabric have any stretch or give to it? If so, I cut my bottom cup in two layers, one with the stretch (give) going one way, and one going the other way. I have also put in a power bar in the lower cup which is basically powernet that is sewn to the bottom cup only and is shaped like a cresent moon. It is about 1 - 2 " wide under the breast and tapers to nothing at the middle seam that crosses the breast. Also, is your back band parallel to the floor? If the back band is correct, it will provide more support. I agree that it needs a wider strap too. Don't give up! It sounds like you have found a pattern that fits you. That is the hard part.
jannw said... (2/11/10 8:09 AM) Reply
It looks good. pretty fabric and nice contrast ...would a wider strap help with the support?

Shelby Kaava 403