Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3156

Last Updated:3/14/04 5:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants
M.T. said... (2/28/06 6:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the information regarding the use of Banrol. I would like to make a pair of gauchos by altering this pattern a bit. But, I don't want the waist to gather. I would like it to have a smooth appearance. ~ M.T.
Cambric Tea said... (5/9/05 10:20 AM) Reply
Wow, Rennie! Great find! You look great in all your 3156 pieces. Must. Have. Pattern. Now!
AuntieShel said... (3/15/04 1:11 PM) Reply
Wow, your pants look great. I have that "grandma" dread, too, but these pants definitely don't qualify. I'm short, with short legs, and have recently discovered that wide leg and flare leg pants, touching the floor, as you mentioned, do wonders for lengthening legs. Thank you for reviewing this pattern, I recently bought it and will definitely make it up now.
SewTabby said... (3/15/04 11:14 AM) Reply
Those pants look great on you and not "Grandma" at all!
AnneM said... (3/15/04 10:32 AM) Reply
I love that! Elastic waist pants, here I come! I think I will have to add this to my wish-list.
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/15/04 7:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful sewing, as always, Rennie! I especially like these pants! The fit is fabulous!
Annette H said... (3/15/04 4:47 AM) Reply
I don't know anybody over 30 who doesn'thave a tummy, so maybe we should accept them!Having said that, it's nice to know that this kind of pattern can sit so smoothly. Beautiful fit.
Levone said... (3/14/04 7:19 PM) Reply
Your pants and shirts look great. Thanks for doing this review as I have this pattern and plan on trying it soon.
Deepika said... (3/14/04 6:30 PM) Reply
Rennie, wow! Just look at the fit of those pants. Its just perfect! Love your tops also.
Danvillegirl said... (3/14/04 6:10 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. I love the purple tops as well, but the fit of the short sleeve version looks better. Looks like your scarf is remnants from the lovely skirt. Nice combinations.
retiredpagirl said... (3/14/04 6:09 PM) Reply
I am petite also, but would not have thought of wearing such a "full" pant . I really like them on you. If you have a tummy (who doesn't?), these pants hide it well. They look very good on you. :)
aperiolat said... (3/14/04 5:56 PM) Reply
beautiful pants! I love the color. I have a tummy also and love the idea on Banrol elastic. Thanks for the tip.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns