Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1100 (MISSES' JACKET, TOP, DRESS, SK)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstarstar
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:2/11/10 10:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by MaryDB using this Pattern

Kellie R. said... (2/14/10 9:34 PM) Reply
I think this is fabulous!
Kellie R. said... (2/14/10 9:33 PM) Reply
I think this is fabulous!
AuntieShel said... (2/14/10 8:04 PM) Reply
I think this came out so cute, I would have never guessed that it was that pattern. Sorry you had trouble with the fabric, but the end result is sure cute.
cmarie12 said... (2/13/10 8:59 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! I liked that you paired a fabric I would never have thought to use with this pattern. It gave it a distinct look ~ great job!
Jane S said... (2/13/10 7:41 PM) Reply
What a cozy looking jacket. I love that bias technique for the fringe.
ALY said... (2/12/10 12:22 PM) Reply
Lumberjack plaid to me is red and black 1 inch or larger squares. I think your jacket looks very couture in the unique colored check boucle fabric with the fringed trim. It is just the kind of jacket I like to wear.
Annette Wright said... (2/12/10 8:46 AM) Reply
I'm sorry it didn't work for you either. I made the same jacket and think it's adorable on me and I didn't have any problems. Seriously, I'm going to guess it might be the fabric then. The top didn't give me problems either. Oh well...chalk that one up, right. I still think it looks cute.
Nancy Rhodes said... (2/12/10 8:27 AM) Reply
Wonderful interpretation for your inner lumberjack. What a great fabric find. I would agree you succeeded with a difficult fabric when unlined apparently in an unusual look. Love it!
bconky said... (2/12/10 7:40 AM) Reply
I love the way it looks. So cute. Stinks you don't like it. But who knows after you wear it some maybe you'll like it.
Terri A said... (2/12/10 1:10 AM) Reply
I think it is really cute and I like the fabric!
Aixoise said... (2/11/10 11:12 PM) Reply
That look would fit right in here. Our local university football team calls itself the Lumberjacks. Maybe I should start a franchise. I like your jacket. Sorry it didn't work for you!

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Easy Shirt Pattern