Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2911 (Women's Pullovers)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08
Posted on:2/12/10 2:36 PM
Last Updated:2/12/10 3:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Elke said... (2/14/10 8:02 AM) Reply
Looks great on you...lovely fabric. Thanks for the collar tutorial!
becca a said... (2/13/10 5:01 PM) Reply
Your sweater is lovely, and your collar looks great. I have hesitated over this pattern because of others' struggles with the collar. Now I'll have to get it. Thanks for the tutorial.
Riordan said... (2/13/10 11:09 AM) Reply
Your sweater is lovely, and you look gorgeous!! Very helpful review--thanks!
betty bushwacker said... (2/13/10 9:15 AM) Reply
ooooh boy, my pattern is in the mail and I only hope it looks half as good as yours when I'm done! Thanks for the great tutorial, I know I'll be back here using it.
no7262 said... (2/13/10 8:44 AM) Reply
Very VERY nice! Thanks for posting the pictures of how you put the collar in! I will save this for when I make mine. Nora :)
Ronda Rae said... (2/13/10 8:37 AM) Reply
This top looks beautiful on you!! Just a gorgeous lady.
Danvillegirl said... (2/13/10 7:58 AM) Reply
Very nice. The fabric color looks great for you.
Michele Lommasson said... (2/13/10 0:25 AM) Reply
As usual, adorable!
GlobalMom said... (2/12/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Love your collar tutorial! I've made this one 3 times now and have fought with the pucker each time. Next time I make this I'll try your approach and I think it will work better. It's a wonderful pattern and these are now my favorite sweaters!
okie2thdoc said... (2/12/10 9:13 PM) Reply
You're making some great tops. The coverstitching looks great too.
OP Gal said... (2/12/10 9:12 PM) Reply
Wonderful top. That fabric is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job of fitting it. The need for a greater forward shoulder adjustment isn't apparent. It looks like it fits perfectly. Great review.
Barbara V said... (2/12/10 7:16 PM) Reply
You've chosen a great style and beautiful fabric that looks lovely and very complimentary on you.
Rhoda K said... (2/12/10 6:59 PM) Reply
Very nice top and thanks for your tips on the collar, they're very helpful. I don't recall having received my Vogue swatches yet.
Nan Kay said... (2/12/10 4:54 PM) Reply
This is a winner!
Elona said... (2/12/10 4:54 PM) Reply
What a lovely top! And thank you so much for the beautifully detailed photos of the collar treatment. That's going to help out a lot of sewists.
cabinbaby said... (2/12/10 4:28 PM) Reply
Great fabric and great little collar tutorial.
diane s said... (2/12/10 3:45 PM) Reply
Your top looks great!! I wished mine looked as nice. I had huge diagonal wrinkles across the back, recut it and finally gave up. For my collar, I put the pieces wrong sides together and finished the edge with foe.
Annette Wright said... (2/12/10 3:38 PM) Reply
I went ahead and added photos of how I did my collar (backwards from the Jalie instructions) and have posted my photos in my picasaweb photogallery. I will put the link in the review.
Rosie who use to be Rose said... (2/12/10 3:07 PM) Reply
I'm getting ready to sew this and appreciate the review. So, you think if I'm really careful and follow the instructions the neck should come out all right?
Terri Smith said... (2/12/10 2:56 PM) Reply
This sweater looks great on you. Nice job.
sewbehind said... (2/12/10 2:45 PM) Reply
That is beautiful. I think yours is the nicest version of this so far. It doesn't help that the colour matches your eyes and the fit is wonderful too. Thanks for the review. On closer look at your picture, I see that the top doesn't match your eyes, but makes them pop!

Pin-up Girls Amanda Foam Cup Bra