Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2010-122 (Striped Knit Top)

Reviewed by:m1khaela

About m1khaelastarstar
NY USA
Member since: 8/19/05
Posted on:2/22/10 5:58 PM

Claire Dolman said... (3/17/10 6:40 AM) Reply
I had the same problem with the enormous gaping neckline. I tried to fix it by running narrow round elastic through the binding, which fixed the neck whilst allowing for off-the-shoulder-sauciness if I was in the mood for it, but now the front of the top pulls upwards and makes little drapes at the centre-front. I'm on the verge of throwing it on the floor in a temper, but my jersey is printed with cute little apples which is stopping me. I was pretty disappointed with this pattern, which is a rare thing with Burda.
m1khaela said... (3/2/10 7:39 AM) Reply
It MIGHT be a good style for nursing in the original--I don't know how easy the neckline on my altered version would pull down!
Christina Sonja said... (3/2/10 0:05 AM) Reply
Cuuuute! You know, I traced this pattern too, but I was also worried about the wide neckline and exposed bra straps. Maybe it'll be a good style for nursing, too? (easy to pull the neckline down?)
michalklimer said... (2/25/10 9:25 AM) Reply
I love this top! It looks great on you!
Raye Ann said... (2/24/10 1:42 PM) Reply
beautiful top! great style and perfect fit. way to go!
Paris75008 said... (2/23/10 1:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review, and especially your neckline woes and how you solved them. Great tip. Your top came out gorgeous.
m1khaela said... (2/23/10 7:36 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Yes, that painting is of me and my husband, it was a wedding gift from a cartoonist friend (we are both cartoonists as well).
Passion4Sewing said... (2/23/10 7:32 AM) Reply
I LOVE this top! Great info in your review. The twin stitching looks great, too.
kerrynw said... (2/23/10 6:19 AM) Reply
Great achievement, lovely top, well done!
chicaem29 said... (2/22/10 11:36 PM) Reply
Your top turned out great - congrats! I'm also a huge fan of that picture behind you of you and (I assume) your husband!
Mermie said... (2/22/10 11:00 PM) Reply
Excellent review and your top is so cute and looks great on you.
sewing for fun said... (2/22/10 9:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for another great & detailed review. I found an easier way to do the twin needle. I fuse Design plus double sided ultra soft fusible web to the underside where I want to stitch, then remove backing and turn over hem and fuse. It stabilizes knits enough for double needle hem and bastes in a quick step. I love sewing knits and I use this on every knit hem. I found it at: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=62452222152426245&Store_id=584&page_id=23&Item_ID=1038 Keep up the great reviews! I really enjoy them a learn a lot.
colorkitten said... (2/22/10 9:38 PM) Reply
came out great! you solved that neckline beautifully.
kidmd said... (2/22/10 9:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful and fabulous work!
Ericaeli said... (2/22/10 9:33 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous on you; the fit is perfect! I wish I looked so good when I was pregnant. I loved reading your review especially how you were able to get the pattern to fit so well.
clgangi said... (2/22/10 8:10 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! You look FANTASTIC! Congrats! :)
Wino said... (2/22/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Look how cute you look! Fantastic job.
Emi1yKate said... (2/22/10 7:44 PM) Reply

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

by: velosewer

Sewing Workshop Valencia Jacket & Pants Pattern

Sewing Workshop Valencia Jacket & Pants Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)