Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2481 (Adult/Teen/Child Sleepwear)

Reviewed by:Rhonda in Montreal

Posted on:2/15/10 7:43 PM
Last Updated:3/15/10 8:18 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Sleepwear
AnneM said... (3/23/14 7:19 PM) Reply
Oh, those are cute. What great fabric! It is remarkably difficult to find a good pattern for PJ or sweatpants (which is why I'm going through reviews of various patterns).
RLL said... (3/16/10 3:19 PM) Reply
How fun!
Annette1 said... (3/16/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Tony will be flying high in his new PJs! Those four rows of stitch-in-the-ditch for the elastic sound like something I would do. :o) And, no, I wouldn't be taking them back out either! These PJs turned out great, and look very comfy indeed.
jannw said... (3/15/10 10:17 PM) Reply
the hems look to be in the proper spot to me...love how he accessorized..vest and muffler...
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/23/10 8:50 AM) Reply
"I usually cut at least that much off the top before starting to sew." Hi Christas! I think I'm going to cut off the top 1" of too loose elastic & re-do it tighter--also losing baggy bum!
Christas said... (2/22/10 1:56 PM) Reply
Hi Rhonda! Great review! I have a Simplicity pattern that I use quite a bit to make jammie pants for my husband and sons. It's Simplicity 7045. I went on their site to check, but it is out of print. I have always found pajama pants to run at least 1 inch too high, so I usually cut at least that much off the top before starting to sew. Cute pic of your hubby! Welcome to the "Serger World"!
Margaret said... (2/16/10 11:06 PM) Reply
Nice work and cute photo!! I think your elastic comments will be particularly helpful. Thanks for the review!
OP Gal said... (2/16/10 7:45 PM) Reply
Cute P.J.s and cute model. ; ) I don't know why they didn't give a waist measurement. Maybe they thought you could decide on your own and then use the appropriate length of elastic. Congratulations on threading your serger!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/16/10 9:29 AM) Reply
Fun review! Love the whimsical fabric!
renren said... (2/16/10 8:09 AM) Reply
This was quite an adventure in sewing! Hope the PJs are still suitable to wear for the flight simulation game and I'm glad you are making friends with your serger (they can be so intimidating).
craftygamma said... (2/16/10 7:57 AM) Reply
I just love that pic of your hubby. He must be a really fun guy to be around. Nothing worse than having to thread a serger...as careful as I try to be I usually manage to get the hardest to reach looper unthreaded. Great job on navigating the pattern.
Dynamo said... (2/15/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Hurrah for learning! Your husband looks happy with the results, and also looks very good natured!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS