Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5401 (Weekender Bag)

Reviewed by:jp beth

About jp bethstar
Member since: 3/13/04
Posted on:3/16/04 1:29 AM
Last Updated:3/18/04 8:02 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

Sweater knit fabrics

Leslie Bonner said... (6/15/04 9:50 PM) Reply
I also sewed the bottom in the wrong way. It still fits but gives the bag a different shape. I used a chenille upholstery fabric which shredded badly when I ripped it out. Danged if I didn't put it in wrong again. I threw it in the wastebasket but went back and retrieved it. I couldn't let a simple bag beat me. After I ripped out the bottom a 2nd time, it was so unraveled I had to cut a new bottom. Fortunately, I had extra fabric. I still am confused about the tab and the sewn pleated on the sides. If I followed her directions, it didn't look like the pattern photo. I did my own thing. It's a nice looking bag but a little too saggy for me. I took it as a carry-on on an overseas trip and you can get a lot of stuff in there. I had planned to make it again but I am not so sure I will again as it is too big for an everyday bag. I also experimented with stiffening the bottom but then it stands too far away from the body when you have it over your arm.
Leslie Bonner said... (6/15/04 9:46 PM) Reply
I also sewed the bottom in the wrong way. It still fits but gives the bag a different shape. I used a chenille upholstery fabric which shredded badly when I ripped it out. Danged if I didn't put it in wrong again. I threw it in the wastebasket but went back and retrieved it. I couldn't let a simple bag beat me. After I ripped out the bottom a 2nd time, it was so unraveled I had to cut a new bottom. Fortunately, I had extra fabric. I still am confused about the tab and the sewn pleat on the sides. If I followed her directions, it didn't look like the pattern photo. I did my own thing. It's a nice looking bag but a little too saggy for me. I took it as a carry-on on an overseas trip and you can get a lot of stuff in there. I had planned to make it again but I am not so sure I will again as it is too big for an everyday bag. I also experimented with stiffening the bottom but then it stands too far away from the body when you have it over your arm. There is an inside zippered pocket on one side but I added one on the other side as well to balance it out.
Peggy L said... (3/18/04 2:05 PM) Reply
Awesome! If she doesn't love it, I'll send you my address!!!
jp beth said... (3/18/04 7:05 AM) Reply
I'm still trying to make the picture bigger so try back- jp beth
Karen Bowers said... (3/16/04 7:02 PM) Reply
wow! that's drop dead gorgeous! i just wish the photo was a little bigger, but wow what a bag you have.
AuntieShel said... (3/16/04 11:56 AM) Reply
Great-looking bag! I've got to try this one.

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2010-113

by: Nan Kay

Sewn Square One Paper Bag Pant Pattern

Sewn Square One Paper Bag Pant Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Papercut Patterns 1004