Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6681 (Mens jumpsuit)

Reviewed by:Peter in NYC

Other Projects by Peter in NYC using this Pattern

LizzM26 said... (2/20/10 9:07 AM) Reply
Again, you inspired me.
OP Gal said... (2/16/10 7:50 PM) Reply
Super fabulous Valentine's gift. I'm glad it was appreciated. I probably shouldn't mention this, but where I'm from, they used to call these "drawers." Don't tell Michael--no need to ruin the aura of sophistication.
Peter in NYC said... (2/16/10 10:30 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone. I can honestly say that Michael loves this little jumper, too much, if you ask me. It IS very underwearish, but that's because I used knit jersey. I think in terrycloth, for example, you could wear it over a bathing suit as you walked from your hotel room to the pool. I wouldn't wear it out to dinner.
Stitchcakes said... (2/16/10 8:54 AM) Reply
I have several of these in the female version as loungewear/sleepwear. It is VERY amusing to think of making my husband a matching one. :-)
katharin said... (2/16/10 6:29 AM) Reply
Who would have guessed from the pattern envelope that this garnment would look good, but it looks great! And you matched the stripes really well. The photo of Sean Connery's outfit is hilareous.
DoggyGirl said... (2/15/10 11:36 PM) Reply
Tell Michael he looks very handsome in his valentine present! And as always, your construction photos are very helpful - thanks.
Sondra Leigh said... (2/15/10 10:29 PM) Reply
OMG! This is so hot! I miss the days when men wore jumpsuits! Nicely done!
Sic said... (2/15/10 8:59 PM) Reply
Love it! Vintage patterns are so much fun!
kismet007 said... (2/15/10 7:04 PM) Reply
That outfit needs some go-go boots, side burns and a mustache ala-Burt Renyolds! It's a onesy for a grown man...I love it!
Miss33 said... (2/15/10 2:26 PM) Reply
Very kooky! I love it!
kaitiaki said... (2/15/10 2:17 PM) Reply
Love the retro vibe from it! Especially in the b&w beach photo! It looks so much fun!
puddypaws said... (2/15/10 12:56 PM) Reply
I just don't know how we got along without your talent and wit before you came along. Keep up the good work, you are very talented.
Physics Girl said... (2/15/10 12:07 PM) Reply
Hee-hee! I made a women's version of this a several years back (from a OOP vogue) to wear out to the local "Disco Inferno." Great work, and your partner looks so pleased!
Michele19 said... (2/15/10 11:26 AM) Reply
it's great! super matching job
no7262 said... (2/15/10 11:12 AM) Reply
I LOVE it! You did a great job! Nora :)
colorkitten said... (2/15/10 10:04 AM) Reply
It's great - can't wait to see the next one! One thing I'm curious about, the lack of any details makes this seem really underwearish -- what is the official description on the back of the envelope? Are they really suggesting you go out in public in it?
jilly cooper said... (2/15/10 9:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, how thoughtful for Valentines Day:) You did an awesome job matching the stripes!!!

More Knits