Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7659 (DRESS / SHIRT)

Reviewed by:dorothyn

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details

idooditmyself said... (3/3/10 4:03 PM) Reply
Dorothy, your top looks great. I wish I could say the same about mine. I'm sewing a size 12 and my armholes are my snug than I would like also. In addition, I have a pull or pulling from the bottom of my side pleats to the yoke on both sides of the top. The middle pleat is unaffected. It's almost like a "smile line" from each side pleat to each side of the front yoke. Very unflattering ! I haven't sewn in ages and this is my first project in awhile. Any ideas on where I may have gone wrong? Would staystitching somehow have prevented this ? Was it my fabric choice 97% cotton 3% lycra ? Did I stitch the pleats incorrectly ? I note also that the pattern indicates top stitching of the pleat folds at the end of the seam. How on earth did you manage that ? I saw no lines on the pattern sheet to follow. Once the pleats were sewn and pressed, the only line I had showing was the pleat fold line. Thus I had no diagonal stitching lines to follow. That said, my pattern was purchased and downloaded from a pattern website. Are my pattern and sewing instructions missing something or is it me ? After re-stitching the pleats and the yoke a few times to correct this (without success) I am almost ready to sew the hem. I like this pattern and would like to be able to sew this again sans the problem(s). Help !
Pixie Helen said... (2/20/10 1:16 AM) Reply
I like it, I might have to give the pattern a try! thanks for sharing.
Kayseri said... (2/18/10 4:25 AM) Reply
Beautifully made and I thnk the shape suits you, even if you are not in love with the colour.
JenniferBee said... (2/18/10 1:04 AM) Reply
This looks great on you Dorothy.
eugenia123 said... (2/17/10 2:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, it's a great style and I love that fabric you have chosen.
carolynw said... (2/17/10 10:21 AM) Reply
I like this - must get this pattern for our hopefully coming summer!! Very helpful review
Vonnevo said... (2/17/10 5:38 AM) Reply
Dorothy thanks for your teriffic review :) The top is lovely, even with the tight armholes. I will use your review notes when I use my pattern.

Lekala Patterns 6131