Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3688 (This is so 1940s!)

Reviewed by:Maree P

About Maree Pstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:2/20/10 8:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Plus    Skirts
chucklehead said... (3/1/13 3:46 PM) Reply
You look great in these beautiful pants; what a fit you achieved. Thanks for the review!
Elke said... (3/9/10 5:44 PM) Reply
These look great on you. I also love the line of these pants.
sew2little said... (2/21/10 2:39 PM) Reply
You look so chic in these!
manola6176 said... (2/21/10 1:40 PM) Reply
I love the pants on you. You have a great line. Lucky you!!!
Peter in NYC said... (2/21/10 1:37 PM) Reply
These look great with both blouses, IMO. Very lovely and flattering pants.
Patti B said... (2/21/10 10:32 AM) Reply
These pants suit your lovely figure so well -- I think you need them in every color!
Rhoda K said... (2/21/10 9:47 AM) Reply
I love your slacks - they look great on you. I also think you could wear either blouse with the slacks.
Christas said... (2/21/10 9:36 AM) Reply
Wow, what a fantastic looking pair of pants! I love the way you have changed the pattern to make them a little more fitted ..... very flattering.
moushka said... (2/21/10 9:19 AM) Reply
Fabulous pants, very flattering. They look terrific worn with both tops. You should definitely make more - these are classic and chic.
Catbird said... (2/21/10 8:43 AM) Reply
These are fantastic trousers. You are certainly able to channel that Old Hollywood look that I love so much. They look beautifully made and seem worth making again and again in different fabrics. You wear them well (and thank heaven for those full control 'knickers', although you DON'T need them, except maybe for the panty line issue)!
Myspirit4 said... (2/21/10 7:51 AM) Reply
They look amazing on you..and I would give anything for your figure! I love the look with a crisp, white blouse...
SpinningJenny said... (2/21/10 5:24 AM) Reply
These are perfect on you Maree. Stylish and chic as usual.
Rachelking1980 said... (2/21/10 4:36 AM) Reply
I think they look excellent. I'd love a pair just like them. And I really like them with the 1940s blouse too. Definitely wear them!!
lamstu said... (2/21/10 3:27 AM) Reply
A very fine pair of trousers! I think they'd look nice with a cropped jacket, with the long leg line as balance.
sewsewboy said... (2/21/10 0:46 AM) Reply
Your pants came out very nice. Very Katherine Hepburn. Color choice and the fit are perfect. Very versatile and wearable pants.
Judy Kski said... (2/21/10 0:39 AM) Reply
If I looked as great as you do in those pants, I'd certainly wear them to work and wherever else. Get the contour knickers and get some use out of these. Thanks for a great review.
JillyBe said... (2/20/10 11:05 PM) Reply
Very nice review, thanks! And I just love the line & silhouette on those pants - if I were your height I would definitely make them & wear them with anything, seriously! I think it's a classic look, and the snug fit is a perfect update.
newmama said... (2/20/10 10:51 PM) Reply
What a great looking pair of trousers! And you're so slim! I think they look really sharp with the contemporary shirt.
emeraldjul said... (2/20/10 10:14 PM) Reply
I love the blouse and trousers. I can envision some cute peep-toe pumps with that outfit!
bluenines said... (2/20/10 9:56 PM) Reply
nice pants, they look good with both tops, but I like the 40;s top best with them
FreyaStark said... (2/20/10 9:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for a useful review; I like the look of these pants myself. They look absolutely fine with your forties blouse; you certainly could wear them together.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics