Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6494 (Ladies' and Misses' Blouse)

Reviewed by:Maree P

About Maree Pstarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:2/18/10 1:56 AM

Kellie R. said... (2/19/10 9:49 AM) Reply
I'm so sorry that you are disappointed with the results... However, I think the blouse is gorgeous! It would be a shame if you don't wear it.. perhaps, as you say, under a jacket. Or send it to me! :)
fryman said... (2/19/10 8:43 AM) Reply
very becoming and, I agree, vintage is here to stay!
Sigrid. said... (2/19/10 6:08 AM) Reply
Yes, it's a lovely blouse and suits you very well, especially tucked in the pants. Hope you get used to the style and wear it a lot.
Michele Lommasson said... (2/18/10 5:25 PM) Reply
I absolutely love your blouse! I hope you learn to love it too.
puddypaws said... (2/18/10 2:30 PM) Reply
I also think this is a beautiful blouse. I'm pretty sure I would never be able to even come close to sewing this as nicely as you did. I think it's a great blouse!
Red Curtain said... (2/18/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Extremely well done. This blouse suits you and looks very nice on you. I LOVE the bound button holes.
Christas said... (2/18/10 9:08 AM) Reply
It's a shame you do not like your new blouse. It looks so beautifully sewn and pretty.
BillieJean said... (2/18/10 6:06 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you're disappointed, but I think this is just gorgeous. It looks so elegant. I wouldn't be unhappy with it at all!
Pam Z said... (2/18/10 3:35 AM) Reply
I think your blouse is lovely, too. If you want to add shoulder pads, you could cover them in fabric close to your skin color so they won't show.
FreyaStark said... (2/18/10 3:25 AM) Reply
It's looks great to me. You're being too hard on it! Yours does look less tailored than the one in the illustration, but so what? It's lovely in its own right. The pants are fabulous, too. What pattern are they?
sewnsewtoo said... (2/18/10 2:55 AM) Reply
I would be proud to wear this beautiful blouse. You did a great job.
Rachelking1980 said... (2/18/10 2:24 AM) Reply
I think you're being too harsh - it looks lovely. Especially with those gorgeous high waisted pants. The sewn down pleats at the front look wonderful, and the buttonholes and buttons make the blouse look like it cost an arm and a leg. Would look fabulous with your purple skirt - the one that is flat across the front. Don't be disappointed - it really looks great.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2011-141