Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1165 (Misses' Shirt)

Reviewed by:knitmachinequeen

About knitmachinequeenstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 9/3/07
Posted on:2/18/10 10:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
Sue Parrott said... (3/22/14 12:32 PM) Reply
Your changes make this blouse exceptional! Well done!
Aless said... (6/10/12 8:10 PM) Reply
I saw this shirt in the latest Threads mag (on a small-ish woman...) but absolutely loved the 'look'. On checking the pattern site I saw that I HAD seen this pattern before but overlooked it as not right for me (same size as you). Now I have completely fallen for it. Your review is wonderful, and the alterations you made (esp. the back- thanks for that!) give me hope. You do generously built women proud!
CorgieMom said... (3/10/12 10:18 AM) Reply
Great job!! I love your changes! It's absolutely adorable. This is one for my to-do list! Thanks for sharing.
solosmocker said... (2/17/11 2:51 PM) Reply
This looks great on you and I like what you did to the back and the length. Great job!
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/20/10 12:35 PM) Reply
Outstanding.
Ann Smith said... (7/7/10 5:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful on you and love the added back tucks. I'm working on this right now but missed your review. So I struggled with the collar and the extra piece until I looked back at the cutting layout! Silly extra piece. Did you have trouble with your tucks puckering? Mine are but I've decided I can live with it as a design element. My fabric is also 100% cotton but may be lighter weight than yours.
CarolynGM said... (5/7/10 7:05 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirt. Great idea to add the tucks to the back. Your revised length is very flattering.
darcidoodle said... (4/14/10 6:33 PM) Reply
I'm SO glad you posted a review of this shirt! I'm working on it right now, and it's good to know that the back would be a pup tent without the added tucks. It adds a very stunning design detail! Elegant solution. LOVE it.
psikelly said... (3/21/10 5:59 PM) Reply
Great photos! Especially liked the addition of tucks to the back of the shirt.
HolleyM said... (3/14/10 10:06 AM) Reply
That was a very clever idea for the back!
4u2cme said... (2/22/10 5:08 PM) Reply
I love the modification you made. I will pick up the pattern soon. Great blouse to add to your wardrobe.
marjenann said... (2/20/10 4:42 PM) Reply
I just love it!
JETrinity said... (2/20/10 10:46 AM) Reply
Oh, my goodness. You did a great job with all those pleats.
TessKwiltz said... (2/20/10 9:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review! I bought this pattern because I love pinpleats, but was a little intimidated to start it. Love what you did with the back.
Athene said... (2/19/10 11:47 PM) Reply
Oh my this shirt is TDF. You look fabulous.
Victoria B said... (2/19/10 9:19 PM) Reply
Love this shirt! You look sharp in it (wink)!
Barbara V said... (2/19/10 4:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! It looks fabulous on you. Nice work with all those pleats and modifications for a perfect fit.
pt6356 said... (2/19/10 3:39 PM) Reply
Love this! Your modifications have made this pattern sing. Now I have another Vogue to add to my list :-)
ggf2005 said... (2/19/10 1:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Look at Vogue 1061 and you can see where those tiny pleats came from. You gotta love Sandra, she takes something great to a whole nutha' level.
newmama said... (2/19/10 12:08 PM) Reply
You're version is gorgeous, much nicer than the pattern photo! I also love what you did with the back, it adds balance to the detail on the front. This is one of the most beautiful button-up shirts I have ever seen!
waltzqueen said... (2/19/10 11:46 AM) Reply
Kudos for sewing a blouse with so many pleats!! I think straight vertical pleats don't work if you have curves, but I agree that Sandra has made a pleated shirt that looks terrific on real figures! You look smashing in this shirt, and I love the turned up collar. These are great for me and my long long neck. Beautiful work!!
Bonnie123 said... (2/19/10 11:03 AM) Reply
Love it! Nice job.
Christas said... (2/19/10 9:26 AM) Reply
Your blouse is absolutely beautiful! You did an excellent job!
fryman said... (2/19/10 8:38 AM) Reply
A work of art! you should be proud.
ElizabethDee said... (2/19/10 8:29 AM) Reply
I love the changes you made, particularly to the back. Your shirt looks fantastic on you.
camaro1952 said... (2/19/10 6:20 AM) Reply
I love this blouse!!! It looks so good on you. I can't wait to make it myself. Great job.
BillieJean said... (2/19/10 5:38 AM) Reply
This is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for this review. I have this pattern and can't wait to get at it. You've done a beautiful job.
Sew tell me said... (2/19/10 1:20 AM) Reply
Love this! You look fab.
Kayseri said... (2/19/10 1:12 AM) Reply
Oh boy what a terrific shirt. I think it looks much better than Vogue's version.
michellep74 said... (2/19/10 0:02 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse! I had my doubts when I saw this pattern that this would work on a curvy figure, but it looks fabulous on you!
Terri A said... (2/18/10 11:30 PM) Reply
Really nice!
Longarm said... (2/18/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Oops, now I can see your pictures! Great save you did with the back, and it makes the top that much more interesting. Good job! Thanks for posting this review.
Patti B said... (2/18/10 11:03 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for a review of this blouse -- I love it! Nice to know that all those pleats aren't too much over the bust.
Longarm said... (2/18/10 10:59 PM) Reply
Your blouse sounds just great and the pattern is certainly very appealing. None of your Picassa pictures would click open for me, however.

by: GoodbyeVal...