Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8683 (millennium top)

Reviewed by:drsue

Last Updated:8/15/04 7:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Vesta Patterns

lornakismet said... (6/9/06 11:37 AM) Reply
Dr. Sue, I admire your style. Your choice of line and color. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
cindyann said... (8/16/04 7:34 AM) Reply
I love that top! Thanks!
Katharine in BXL said... (8/16/04 4:12 AM) Reply
Wow! What a top. Glad you could just turn & stitch instead of fussing with facings. They sound wrong for this style anyway. I hope they bring this pattern back.
PVA said... (8/15/04 7:53 PM) Reply
What a neat job & beautiful result! I think that pattern was drafted exactly for your figure! Thanks for the review -- You got it just right!
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/18/04 7:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I have the updated version of this ready to cut out. It looks lovely!
Danvillegirl said... (3/18/04 5:59 AM) Reply
Very nice top and I too like the fabric. I purchased some EOS fabric, very similar to this but I think I need to try a different top than the one I had in mind. This top makes this interesting fabric even more interesting. Thanks for the review.
Kim Winson said... (3/18/04 0:04 AM) Reply
what a fabulous contemporary top. I earmarked the updated pattern after Gigi reviewed it. I have a black stretch fabric that was waiting for it's inspiration. this is it!
SouthernStitch said... (3/17/04 11:13 PM) Reply
Great top! I have this same fabric and was thinking flowing skirt. Now I may reconsider that! Love it!
Schnauzer said... (3/17/04 9:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top drsue.Lovely choice of fabric.
Mel.J said... (3/17/04 7:32 PM) Reply
This looks great!
drsue said... (3/17/04 7:22 PM) Reply
Thanks you guys. Gigi I must say after making this that I am so impressed that you were able to alter it! Talk about confusing pieces! I waiting to see how you solve the hem issue with this pleated fabric. Leslie: this was one of the few times I got in right as she was posting some great fabrics. Usually I'm left looking at sold out notices.
Gigi Louis said... (3/17/04 4:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Ha, see what I get for never, ever looking at Simplicity in the past? I had to wait 5 years to get the remake! I may shamelessly copy you - I have a pleated EOS leopard-print onionskin in blue. ;-)
Leslie in Austin said... (3/17/04 3:12 PM) Reply
AHA! So *you* are the one who got that fabric. I tried to order that gorgeous fabric for exactly that top (in my shameless attempt at copying Ann Smith's fab-o creation), but no-o-o-o. Sold out in the blink of an eye. Anyhow, your top turned out absolutely beautifully!!
Melody said... (3/17/04 2:31 PM) Reply
What a great top! Now I'll look for the current version.
Liana said... (3/17/04 1:56 PM) Reply
Very cute top! Thanks for the review.
MaryBeth said... (3/17/04 1:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I'd love to see it on you.

Burda 8186