Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5974

Posted on:2/19/10 4:17 AM
Last Updated:5/29/10 6:15 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
teagg said... (1/20/12 6:27 AM) Reply
Wow! This looks great on you and is, with the extra comments & measurements, one of the best reviews I've read. Thank you. Extremely helpful! Regards, Gillian
MareeAlison said... (6/12/11 8:40 PM) Reply
Very late comment! Sorry. But I was just looking for reviews of this pattern and yours is really helpful because I'm a similar size :) Thanks for the update that is really helpful. I always put off making dresses with bodices because they are too short and I don't know how much to add so you've helped a lot. Thanks. I think the dress is really flattering and both look great on you.
KathleenS said... (6/22/10 6:38 AM) Reply
The fit of your green dress is fantastic. Well done.
Michele Demko Murphy said... (5/30/10 7:50 AM) Reply
Great review, especially the fit info - thanks! Nice work!
SpinningJenny said... (5/29/10 10:39 PM) Reply
Great dress on you, and terrific fabric choice!
FreyaStark said... (5/29/10 6:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous. The dress looks great in that fabric, and the fit is perfect. It's nice to see you trying prints for a change! Tessuti would no doubt be interested in seeing your creation - why not send them a photo?
marec said... (5/29/10 9:47 AM) Reply
I love this version with the "salad dressing" fabric!
BJ1400 said... (5/29/10 7:54 AM) Reply
Love your green dress! It looks great on you.
katharin said... (5/29/10 6:24 AM) Reply
You found a beautiful fabric for this wonderful dress that fits you to perfection. You look great.
Jan711 said... (4/25/10 12:09 PM) Reply
Your dress fits you beautifully and you look great in it. Thank you for your wonderful review. I purchased the pattern based on your list of features that this pattern offers. Your information regarding the size you made and how it fits your measurements is especially helpful. I hope you will write many more reviews.
Jane S said... (4/11/10 2:37 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in this dress. I have it in my collection and you are inspiring me to move it up in the queue.
becca a said... (2/20/10 8:55 AM) Reply
What a lovely, flattering, and comfortable looking dress. I will have to make this one when summer gets to Vermont.
lyndle said... (2/20/10 2:30 AM) Reply
Your dress looks fab. I am so impressed. Thanks for the really helpful review too.
Fredette said... (2/20/10 0:06 AM) Reply
Looks great!!
margk said... (2/19/10 6:43 PM) Reply
FABULOUS!
FreyaStark said... (2/19/10 5:34 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. Well done. You must make more.
Mary Nanna said... (2/19/10 2:08 PM) Reply
fabulous job, you look great - really great - I can see I am going to have to give this pattern a try! For knits with a lot of crosswise stretch I do half my usual FBA - not that I'm an expert on this matter but I find that works for me. I still have to do an FBA though otherwise the fabric pulls too tightly in a most unbecoming fashion!
RLL said... (2/19/10 1:41 PM) Reply
Flattering is an understatement. You look so thin and as JanJan said, it IS your perfect little black dress.
ladybegood said... (2/19/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I had similar problems with Simplicity 3503 and was thinking this pattern might be a more flattering alternative, but I was nervous about being disappointed agin. Your review now has me convinced!
Christas said... (2/19/10 1:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress...... such a very flattering style on you! You have gotten a perfect fit and you have sewn it so nicely!
Tez said... (2/19/10 1:06 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and a great fit!
renren said... (2/19/10 12:26 PM) Reply
You have sewn a lot of really nice things, so much so that I instantly recognize you in the gallery, but you have really taken this dress to the TOP! It is lovely and it looks totally customized for you (and it is, of course!). Wow!!! And I like the way you've accesorized it in the photo. Perfection!
JanJanB said... (2/19/10 11:50 AM) Reply
Oh, so thats what the perfect black dress looks like. :) I've been looking for a great dress pattern and you just cinched it. Thanks for the very informative review. I'm with everybody else - more please.
Red Curtain said... (2/19/10 10:57 AM) Reply
By golly, I think you've just made the perfect dress!
nicegirl said... (2/19/10 8:38 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! It is really flattering on you.
JTink said... (2/19/10 8:04 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern for a year and just haven't done anything with it. I love the fact that you did the scoop neck. Seems everything today is v-neck. It was interesting to hear how you dealt with the low waist issue. I'm just the reverse, high waisted. I'm going to go dig that pattern back out and give it another look. You did a wonderful job...
DreinPA said... (2/19/10 7:35 AM) Reply
Oh make more!! You've come so far in a year to get that fit. A little shorter though next time 'round- show off those legs while you can.
moushka said... (2/19/10 7:06 AM) Reply
Terrific, flattering dress, and very helpful review. Do make more. I think the bust area looks good. Once you've got those adjustments made, you'll be amazed at how quickly you can put it together.
Rebecca D said... (2/19/10 6:37 AM) Reply
What a great review and thanks for including your measurements. This is extraordinarily helpful. The dress looks great and I think you should make several more.
Sew4Fun said... (2/19/10 4:54 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in this dress. The shape is so flattering. You definitely need more. :)

Jalie 2566