Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2091 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Catherine Daze

About Catherine Dazestarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/23/09
Posted on:2/19/10 10:38 AM

kareninfranklin said... (4/16/10 8:57 AM) Reply
I agree with Kellie R...you should try it again! I have just purchased this pattern and will be doing view B without the sleeves. While it recommends no stripes, I am wondering what would happen with them? What do you think?
Auntie Allyn said... (2/21/10 6:39 AM) Reply
I have to agree with everyone else . . . while the fit may not be exactly to your liking, the dress looks fabulous on you! I've made the long-sleeved/v neck version twice and love it, so you might want to take a look at that version. LOVE the shoes!!!!
Kellie R. said... (2/20/10 11:10 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your informative review. I'm sorry that it didn't quite work out - you have a lovely figure just perfect for this dress! I think you should try it again!
AuntieShel said... (2/20/10 10:19 AM) Reply
I thought your dress looked absolutely fabulous on you and then saw your "would not recomment" rating. I was surprised but even after viewing all your pics, still think it looks fabulous on you. It's been in the Vogue book a long time. Don't you wish you could talk to the pattern company and ask them why they did something (like sizing) the way they did?
mary said... (2/20/10 5:22 AM) Reply
WOW u and the dress look great.
Beek said... (2/19/10 1:30 PM) Reply
GIve it some time. I think you may grow to like this dress. One is always more critical of a project right at the completion. It looks very stylish and the pleats at the torso add some intrique to a simple, but elegant, dress.
Andrea670 said... (2/19/10 12:40 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on this dress. I have this pattern but haven't worked it up yet. Thanks for the helpful info on the pattern.
Valerie S said... (2/19/10 12:20 PM) Reply
I can see the sizing issues you're talking about, but the dress is still very flattering on you. Then again, I have a feeling that even if you were wearing a bin liner, it would look chic and elegant on account of your proportions : )
Bonnie123 said... (2/19/10 11:49 AM) Reply
I think it is a stunning dress and you look fabulous in it!!!! By the way, I love the hair cut.
blessedtosew said... (2/19/10 11:36 AM) Reply
That is really pretty and you look fabulous in it!!!

Other So Sew Easy Wrap Dress