Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1010 (Lady Grey Wrap Coat)

Reviewed by:Fashionable Stitcher

About Fashionable Stitcherstar
UT USA
Member since: 9/4/08
Posted on:2/19/10 5:24 PM
Last Updated:2/19/10 5:34 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
poppykettle said... (4/12/11 4:24 AM) Reply
A stunning coat, I love the colour, and I simply ADORE your gloves :) Did you make these also?
Elle D said... (4/10/10 0:10 AM) Reply
Simply gorgeous, and you wear it well. Thanks for the great review, I too like your sleeve treatment. Although I often need more room around the bicepts, I find that my lower arms and wrists often get lost in fabric.
Mebber said... (3/20/10 11:06 PM) Reply
AWESOME!!! I love clothes that are like grown-up dress-up items, but not really, you know? This is it! I love Collette patterns and look forward to making this.
3HoursPast said... (3/14/10 3:03 AM) Reply
Wow, I HAVE to make this now. Gorgeous job, the cut and your work and the color, all of it comes together in a devastatingly wonderful whole. Well, well done!
Karen6790 said... (3/2/10 10:25 PM) Reply
Wow, how did I miss this pattern? I just got my first two Colette patterns but I need to go back for this. It's stunning on you - love the color and it's got a great vintage feel without being "costumey". Great job.
Englishstitch said... (3/2/10 5:34 PM) Reply
your coat is gorgeous!! I love the fabrics you have used too
Mirakel said... (2/23/10 10:21 PM) Reply
Love it, great job!
Sew4Fun said... (2/21/10 5:49 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! Love the colour.
li'l miss muffett said... (2/20/10 12:00 PM) Reply
Adorable! I just love the color! I love my coat too but haven't been able to wear it much since it's really lightweight. I need to make another in a heavier fabric!
Woolygal said... (2/20/10 9:50 AM) Reply
Very dramatic.
Rebecca D said... (2/20/10 9:10 AM) Reply
I want to steal this coat right off your back. It's gorgeous. And I want one for spring! Thanks for great review and I am now heading off to the Colette site to do some ordering.
moonchild61 said... (2/20/10 8:57 AM) Reply
Stunning!
Sic said... (2/20/10 8:53 AM) Reply
So lovely! Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear the Little Folks fabric is worth the price.
Rustybobn said... (2/20/10 8:08 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Great looking coat and helpful review. Thanks.
Lisa p said... (2/20/10 6:52 AM) Reply
What a beautiful coat , I love this it's just so pretty . Thankyou for a great review . I may have to make this one day :-)
sugarduck said... (2/20/10 3:13 AM) Reply
Oooh...I love this! You did a wonderful job and I really like the fabric you chose as lining. I had seen this pattern on the Colette website, but as others have already said, the photo didn't do it any justice. Your version is much much better!
The Wizz said... (2/20/10 0:44 AM) Reply
Inspiring - sleeve detail is wonderful!
thirteenstitches said... (2/19/10 11:35 PM) Reply
Stunning! I want one too!
oliphia said... (2/19/10 11:12 PM) Reply
beautiful work!
colorkitten said... (2/19/10 9:57 PM) Reply
How lovely! I didn't really like the official photo, but yours is amazing -- the shape is so much more hourglassy than I thought (I think it's all that white in the model shots.) Lovely job and you've sold me on the pattern, totally!
Lili123 said... (2/19/10 9:50 PM) Reply
very nice and classy coat, love everithing about it.
dingyadi said... (2/19/10 9:44 PM) Reply
Another gorgeous garment! That is just beautiful and looks lovely on you.
squirrellypoo said... (2/19/10 6:26 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I like yours even better than the official one! About the sleeves - are you sure the excess wasn't just supposed to be eased in at the armscye? I've found most coat patterns have a lot of ease there so you get a nice bit of lift at the sleeve head. But it's hard to see the gathering in your photos so I can't tell. I love your inventive fix at the elbows!!
davin said... (2/19/10 6:23 PM) Reply
Thanks. This company is new to me, and I'll look forward to exploring it.
ClaireEmily said... (2/19/10 6:07 PM) Reply
I really love your coat! So stylish! Thanks for a great review.
michellep74 said... (2/19/10 5:34 PM) Reply
I love it! I just received this pattern, and it's going to be the next thing that I make after I finish two other half-finished projects. So glad to see how well it worked out for you!

by: KamiSue2