Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6615 (Ladies' & Misses' Slip c. 1932)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:2/19/10 7:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Margaret said... (2/28/10 3:04 PM) Reply
Oh, I've seen that pattern & will be interested to check out your review! Thanks!
loti said... (2/26/10 6:41 PM) Reply
Great save! I'm making a folkwear pattern for slips circa 1910, I love the way they look. Your is much more luxurious!
Margaret said... (2/21/10 1:58 PM) Reply
Thank you!!
squirrellypoo said... (2/20/10 1:08 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic, and totally worth all the hassle to finally be finished with it!
Margaret said... (2/20/10 12:52 PM) Reply
Thank you for all the kind comments! Rhonda, that's a great idea! I'd want to use a stronger fabric for a long nightgown, because I find they get twisted around when I sleep, but I do think this pattern would make a nice nightgown too.
fryman said... (2/20/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Well Margaret, I must announce that I am a fan of yours. Your ambition and sewing skills are shown in your reviews and photos. Much appreciated!
fryman said... (2/20/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/19/10 9:26 PM) Reply
"Alternatively, it could be used to make a simple dress." How about a pretty nightgown with the ruffles added??
jilly cooper said... (2/19/10 7:43 PM) Reply
Wonderfully detailed review, I have a vintage slip pattern and was waiting on a really good review before I attempted it - so thank you for this review:)

by: Lori V