Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4366 (Threads Pants)

Reviewed by:DreinPA

About DreinPAstarstar
PA United States
Member since: 4/5/06
Posted on:2/20/10 3:11 PM
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
susiestitcher said... (2/22/10 7:48 AM) Reply
Your pants really look great. I know exactly what you mean about the bags under what used to be a butt, so I am extremely interested in how you overcame this issue. The wedge to add back some crotch length in back seems like a good idea for fine-tuning. But I think they already look wonderful. Plus, I can assure you that even if you were tall enough for tall stores, you'd be disappointed in the fit because they apparently have never heard of tall women with flatt butts! Ha! Your creations are so much nicer in fit and design.
homejewel said... (2/21/10 9:06 PM) Reply
You have a great fit so far. I couldn't get RTW to fit me that nicely. Congrats on a great job. I can't wait to see if you can fine tune it even more. Keep us posted on the tall thread.
lamstu said... (2/21/10 3:54 AM) Reply
(I am also struggling with pants. Most of mine no longer fit due to extreme age, so I'm getting desperate.) Yours are wearable for sure, but I agree that the back may need that one little tweak. Maybe in the front there is a tiny bit too much at the crotch, but maybe it's because you're not wearing shoes? I'll be interested to know how the fit changes with different types of fabric.
Heidi Ho said... (2/20/10 11:47 PM) Reply
Those look fantastic!!! Very flatterning fit!!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/20/10 11:28 PM) Reply
Your pants fit perfectly and look great on you. I love the style and the back pockets are quite flattering, as well.
pharmlyn said... (2/20/10 11:00 PM) Reply
I think your pants fit great...the alterations and fitting process were definately worth it
Dei said... (2/20/10 3:52 PM) Reply
You alterations were worth the time because your pants look great! I believe you've hit the right combo.

by: grays08