Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2921 (Scarf-Collar Tops)

Reviewed by:Deepika

Posted on:2/20/10 7:25 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
cindy-lou said... (6/20/11 9:41 AM) Reply
Dee, I love love love your top! I am pulling this pattern out today and your review was very helpful. especially since I was considering some fabric patterned with rings and circles all over it. :o Thanks for the CE reminder, too!
Kathi R said... (4/3/10 11:14 AM) Reply
I'm just now reading reviews on this pattern and I had to laugh at your misfire on print placement -- I think everyone learns that lesson the way you just did, thanks for sharing. Love the tip about making it look like a cowl neck.
bananaoil said... (2/22/10 4:05 PM) Reply
He-he_ I think this top is very attractive on you; and I wouldn't give up on the first version (circle patterned fabric.) You never know when you might want to hypnotize someone without them knowing they're being hypnotized___ very effective tool that blouse.
Paris75008 said... (2/22/10 3:57 PM) Reply
Wow, that's one stunning top! You've done an absolutely fantastic job on it. the color is just PERFECT. I have this pattern and I really have to move it up the sewing queue. Oh, too little time in the day...
babbling brook said... (2/21/10 2:13 PM) Reply
Super cute tops! If you're uncomfortable with the circle top, just wear it with a vest, sweater or jacket and you'll feel fab!
Living Beauty said... (2/21/10 9:53 AM) Reply
Deepika, you look beautiful in the garments you've reviewed. (Even the blouse you feel embarrassed to show!) You've done a great job! I look forward to reading your reviews ... very helpful! Thank you.
Christas said... (2/21/10 9:44 AM) Reply
Great top .... makes such a pretty outfit with your skirt! The top would also look cute with your wonderful jeans too!
jent said... (2/21/10 7:34 AM) Reply
This is such a cute top! The circle version had me giggling.
RuthieSews said... (2/21/10 6:32 AM) Reply
What a great pattern. Love the looks you get from one garment. Very very nice.
Sew4Fun said... (2/21/10 5:31 AM) Reply
Yes you are right, what's not to love. Love it!
SpinningJenny said... (2/21/10 5:02 AM) Reply
Looks great on you Deepika - good colour and fit. Thanks for sharing the circle top!
Sewnsewmom said... (2/21/10 0:41 AM) Reply
What a cute top! The color is very pretty on you. It really goes great with your skirt. You made a wonderful outfit that you will enjoy wearing I'm sure.
Heidi Ho said... (2/20/10 11:29 PM) Reply
I love it!!! That is one of my very favorite colors..It look great on you. And I love the top..I may have to make the same!!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/20/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Your purple top is nicely done and looks great on you! I don't see anything wrong with the circle-print top. I don't think the placement of the "ring" would be noticed as much as you think. Thanks for the hints about constructing the tie on this popular pattern.
Time4me said... (2/20/10 10:51 PM) Reply
Very nice top. Sorry about your circle top. Perhaps you can wear it when you need to distract your husband while you fess up to denting your car or something!
Morisot said... (2/20/10 10:23 PM) Reply
Very nice! LOL on your print fabric version! Reminds me of a flowered print skirt I made...
cabinbaby said... (2/20/10 9:02 PM) Reply
*gasp* You said "ass"! I'm always worried that one of my posts/comments/thread will be deleted because I sometimes have to swear. Your shirt is fantastic!!!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/20/10 9:00 PM) Reply
So cute!! Glad you got to sew today. :-)
no7262 said... (2/20/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Looks great! Too bad about the other top..... Maybe if you have a single friend you could give it to her......LOL Nora :)
SewBissy said... (2/20/10 8:05 PM) Reply
So pretty!
Raye Ann said... (2/20/10 7:45 PM) Reply
thanks for the review! nice tops. i have this pattern in my cue.

by: Sheila457