Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5590 (High Waisted Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:2/21/10 4:57 PM
Last Updated:2/22/10 11:12 AM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

callmeRuth said... (3/6/10 6:25 PM) Reply
Nice outfit. It looks great on you.
eugenia123 said... (2/24/10 4:29 PM) Reply
Wonderful skirt. This is such a perfect shape, you have judged it just right, and it looks fabulous on you. The whole outfit looks amazing, very chic, very elegant. I love it!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/22/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Such nice finish details and a perfect fit! I learned about pegging--thanks for teaching me about this. The lines of this skirt are a perfect pairing with your lovely jacket!
Heatherrique said... (2/22/10 8:58 PM) Reply
Wow! You look sensational in this ensemble! I like this color on you. What a nice gift from the lady who goes to your church and I am sure she is/will be delighted to see what you created. As always, very nicely sewn and thank you so much for your tips.
RLL said... (2/22/10 3:14 PM) Reply
Great outfit. And how nice that you can think of the wonderful giving lady everytime you wear it.
Christas said... (2/22/10 12:46 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the nice comments, everyone. Kay, I love the height of the waist on this pattern. I used Pam's (Sew Exciting) Pro-weft fusible for the interfacing. It stays up nicely, but I am liking your idea of boning for my next one.
Kay Y said... (2/22/10 12:35 PM) Reply
Very flattering on you! How are you finding the higher waist?
persevering said... (2/22/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Christas, Thanks for adding your measurements. This and your explained alterations, helps me to choose the correct sizing and alterations I could apply to my sewing. Your generosity is appreciated. :)
HeyJane said... (2/22/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful, especially with that jacket! Really great tip about the hem. :)
Michelle L said... (2/21/10 9:35 PM) Reply
Very nice!! I have this pattern waiting for some room on the cutting table!
Annette1 said... (2/21/10 9:11 PM) Reply
I love pencil skirts, too, although on me they would be one of those JUMBO pencils, OKAY? I also love the "pegged" version that you make. I read quite some time back that Burda also pegs their straight skirts. It's so much more flattering, I think. This is just DIVINE in both FIT and WORKMANSHIP, especially with that beautiful liing! :o)
Barbara V said... (2/21/10 7:24 PM) Reply
Christa, your pencil skirt looks lovely on you with a perfect fit and wonderful workmanship inside and out. I love it with the jacket too - such a wonderful outfit and special with the fabric from your friend.
Kellie R. said... (2/21/10 6:54 PM) Reply
FABULOUS! I love the skirt with the jacket - they are perfect together. The fabric is gorgeous too, how nice of the lady to bestow this on you! I hope she gets to see what you've made with it because it's gorgeous!
carolynw said... (2/21/10 6:32 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely - you look so nice it brought a smile to my face!!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/21/10 6:13 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt! :-)
Peggy L said... (2/21/10 6:12 PM) Reply
Another winner! It really looks nice on you. I hope you showed your church friend what you created with her gift. The lining looks so nice and silky.
persevering said... (2/21/10 5:31 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for the picture/&lesson to "peg" the hem. Beautiful work & beautiful look (skirt & jacket).
Catbird said... (2/21/10 5:21 PM) Reply
What a beautiful, classic skirt! It works so well with the cropped jacket and looks great on its own, too. I agree that it would also look good with a skinny belt. This pattern is a keeper! Your work looks lovely, inside and out, and YOU look lovely in this new outfit.
knitmachinequeen said... (2/21/10 5:15 PM) Reply
Skirt looks wonderful on you.

by: cln

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used

by: AmberSage

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Christine Jonson Easy Coat