Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1152 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:VeryPrairie

About VeryPrairiestarstar
IL USA
Member since: 2/17/06
Posted on:2/21/10 6:40 PM

gorthx said... (11/7/11 1:52 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks amazing! I'm inspired to make another one of these now (I made the dress & love it.)
MeechPeach said... (6/27/11 6:49 PM) Reply
You did such an awesome job on this top! I cannot wait to find a nice small print. I'm leaning towards the silk crepe you used since it drapes so nicely. Will def want to raise the neckline. Thanks for the tips!
hokidoki said... (3/17/11 11:52 PM) Reply
So beautiful, I am inspired :)
Claverie said... (3/16/11 4:44 PM) Reply
Yours is much more attractive than the Nordstrom offering. I wanted to make this ... it's all pinned at the moment. However, your size 8 and your physique are much more suited for this pattern than I am. Rethinking. Love your short version.
Mikgirl said... (3/30/10 0:32 AM) Reply
WOW! When I saw this pattern, I didn't think anything of it - but your version looks so pretty, especially as a top!! I think I'm gonna make this! :)
TJSEWS said... (2/26/10 10:17 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you. The sleeves are just fine! I think I will shorten it to a top as well and wear it with a little cami underneath for modesty. Thanks for the review!
amy in mpls said... (2/22/10 10:35 PM) Reply
Such a smart transformation! love your top!
Leora said... (2/22/10 4:04 PM) Reply
I'm getting ready to try this in matte jersey, so glad to see yours turned out beautifully shortened to top length. Great color for you too.
RLL said... (2/22/10 3:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Love all the detail.
LittleCountryGal said... (2/22/10 2:22 PM) Reply
Looks great! The fit looks excellent to me. Personally, I think your sleeves look much better than the saggy ones on the blue designer pic. (Humm... maybe I could use just one more pattern!)
French.Seam said... (2/22/10 2:08 PM) Reply
nice top, and I also want your hair please!
OlindaM said... (2/22/10 1:52 PM) Reply
I've just recently noticed this pattern, but unfortunately it is too young for me! But your top is so pretty and well made I might be tempted?
Stitchcakes said... (2/22/10 10:01 AM) Reply
Definitely better as a solid and really nice as a top...Beautiful! This does the details more justice than the envelope sample, for sure. I love it!
betty bushwacker said... (2/22/10 8:17 AM) Reply
If the picture you posted was on the pattern cover, they would sell a million. Beautiful job!
arianamaniacs said... (2/22/10 3:31 AM) Reply
very pretty and feminine. i like this much better than in the print they used.
stitchywitch said... (2/22/10 2:16 AM) Reply
Really great - I like it better as a top than a dress!
kerrynw said... (2/22/10 1:34 AM) Reply
I love your top, particularly the colour. I also love the fact that you don't need a zipper.
Re Becca said... (2/21/10 9:38 PM) Reply
That is so CUTE, and so stylish!
thirteenstitches said... (2/21/10 9:09 PM) Reply
This came out so lovely and really looks fantastic on you. Another great job! Green is your color!
homejewel said... (2/21/10 8:44 PM) Reply
I think your version is a lot better than the version on the Vogue pattern. It looks beautiful on you! Love the fabric choice.
VeryPrairie said... (2/21/10 8:12 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Sewbehind: It hadn't occurred to me, but I tried the top on just now without unzipping, and it CAN be put on without undoing the zipper. It's a bit tight over the bust, but not enough to pop seams or anything.
Nancy K said... (2/21/10 8:04 PM) Reply
The pattern makes a very nice top I like it better in your solid than in the busy fabric on the pattern envelope. what is it with vogue and hand stitching, especially since you know that isn't how the rtw dress was made.
Emi1yKate said... (2/21/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Kristine Kay said... (2/21/10 7:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review, I've already got silk crepe de chine for this project, so I'll just have to put my big girl pants on! I love that you made it into a top!!!
Twinset said... (2/21/10 7:36 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this pattern! Looks great as a top, and fantastic color! I don't think your princess seams look off - not at all.
michellep74 said... (2/21/10 7:35 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I love the color on you. Love it as a top.
sewbehind said... (2/21/10 6:54 PM) Reply
This is very flattering on you and I also like this as a top. Was the invisible zipper a necessity? Or do you find yourself pulling this over your head? Just wondering as there seems to be sufficient ease in the neckline....
Kellie R. said... (2/21/10 6:51 PM) Reply
This is very pretty. The silk crepe is just lovely for this style.
Lori V said... (2/21/10 6:46 PM) Reply
I like it shortened into a top, it looks fantastic on you.
Christas said... (2/21/10 6:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I admired this pattern in the catalog. Your version as a top instead of a dress is so nice. Love your fabric choice.

by: Fairworthy