Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2009-113 (Beat Generation trousers/pants)

Reviewed by:Mary Nanna

About Mary Nannastarstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 4/6/08
Posted on:2/23/10 1:28 AM
Last Updated:2/23/10 1:38 AM

Christas said... (1/26/11 8:57 PM) Reply
Love these! You are such a talented seamstress. I am also glad to find your blog...... WOW, what a treasure - full of personality!!! You have made so many wonderful Burda patterns. These jeans are terrific, and I love the pockets! :-)
Sigrid. said... (6/2/10 1:55 PM) Reply
Great review, I'm about to make these (muslin first) and found your information and pictures very helpful. You made a wonderful pair of jeans!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/24/10 4:11 PM) Reply
Great review, thanks!
MichelleE said... (2/24/10 10:52 AM) Reply
Wonderful work, and I love the doggy design! I have yet to try making a pair of jeans but you've given me inspiration.
kerrynw said... (2/24/10 8:24 AM) Reply
WOW! Great jeans, very cute pockets and very well sewn.
susiestitcher said... (2/23/10 5:23 PM) Reply
I love your results. The fabric is really interesting and you outdid yourself with your topstitching. I only hope my Jalie jeans will turn out so nicely. I am sort of torn about the tighter fit of stretch jeans, but now you've shown me another jeans pattern with more ease, in case the Jalie jeans are not for me.
ClaireEmily said... (2/23/10 5:22 PM) Reply
Oh wow! Your jeans are amazing. I love all the details and the fit is excellent. LOVE the back pocket design. Thanks for the Jalie pattern comparison - very interesting =)
Sew4Fun said... (2/23/10 5:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans. You did a great job.
homejewel said... (2/23/10 1:02 PM) Reply
Your jeans look great. Thank you so much for posting the link. I've never seen it before and now have it bookmarked.
renren said... (2/23/10 11:45 AM) Reply
I love the two-part dachshund as he stretches across from pocket to pocket. Thanks for a great review with lots of detail and photos! And you said it exactly right: "With jeans the stakes are high: there is a clear industry standard."
dingyadi said... (2/23/10 11:41 AM) Reply
Wow! The style and fabric are fantastic and look great on you. Also, the precision and attention to detail in your work is awesome! Impressive.
frame said... (2/23/10 9:24 AM) Reply
Your jeans look GREAT! The topstitching and rivets are very professional looking. Wonderful review, thanks. :)
Sic said... (2/23/10 7:41 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans! Love the pockets!
michalklimer said... (2/23/10 7:16 AM) Reply
love it! looks so good on you!
Rebecca D said... (2/23/10 6:57 AM) Reply
I love these jeans on you, boy, do you look great and your topstitching is amazing.
squirrellypoo said... (2/23/10 6:24 AM) Reply
Very cute! I made a really similar pair of jeans from a KnipMode pattern with that cool front yoke. I hope you get as much wear out of yours as I do from mine!
SpinningJenny said... (2/23/10 6:23 AM) Reply
Wow! Your top stitching is just superb and so precisely aligned along each edge or seam. The cute "dog in two parts" and the double back loop are wonderful details. Thanks for the comparison with the Jalie pattern.

by: cleverkitt...