Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1305 (Capri Jacket)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:3/18/04 10:49 PM
Last Updated:3/20/04 5:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Athene said... (2/16/08 4:24 AM) Reply
Love the photos of all your capri jackets.
Mufffet said... (3/22/06 4:20 PM) Reply
As usual, most professionally done. I am in awe of those matched plaids. Excellent review.
JDpenelope said... (3/24/04 6:25 AM) Reply
All of your jackets are just great and you look so good in them. Good job!
sewnew said... (3/22/04 9:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful jackets, and those matching stripes are amazing.
Mbarkle said... (3/21/04 6:26 PM) Reply
Just beautiful. Your versions appear to be more tailored than the pattern photo. They fit you perfectly too.
valerie sews said... (3/21/04 4:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful work Liana. I especially like the first short jacket pictured. the different ways you've used this pattern is inspiring.
Liana said... (3/20/04 5:40 PM) Reply
I edited this and got the other 2 links to work. Yay! Deepika, the FFF skirt is from Heather Claus at Patternshowcase. It stands for Fast, Fun & Funky skirt, and is a very simple knit skirt. I really like it.
Deepika said... (3/20/04 4:47 PM) Reply
Liana, I saw your other photos. What is the FFF Skirt? All your outfits are smashing!
AuntieShel said... (3/20/04 8:29 AM) Reply
You should send Loes your photos to use on her pattern envelopes. Absolutely inspiring!! You matched the plaid so well. I could only see the pony print photo--you're a walking advertisement for Loes' designs. This is on my wish list. I'm going to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Worcester, MA next month and hope to be able to pick up this and other patterns. You've inspired me. Thank you.
Liana said... (3/20/04 0:32 AM) Reply
marya, Thanks for your very flattering comment! I'm speechless... Thank you everyone for your very kind words. I'm just so pleased if I can get a pattern to fit me, and I like it, that I tend to make it a LOT of times. It is kind of amazing that no one ever notices it's the same jacket, except once in a while, and it's always another sewer! I think we analyze style lines as well as seeing the overall effect.
Danvillegirl said... (3/19/04 7:38 PM) Reply
Wow! I would not have thought this jacket was the Capri Jacket. I like all the jackets you have made. Excellent job matching. Thanks for sharing this. I have never thought I would like this pattern but after seeing it made up several ways and several types of materials, I am truly impressed. Adding to my wish list.
KarenP said... (3/19/04 6:41 PM) Reply
I loved seeing all the different versions of this jacket you've made. Each one looks so different, it's amazing they have come from the same pattern! My favorite is the short plaid jacket with the fringe.
marya said... (3/19/04 2:27 PM) Reply
Wow Liana, I wish that your sewing tips and techniques could be included in the sewing instruction sheets. Imagine how much closer to successful we'd be! You're a wonderful resource and an inspiration. Thank you
Liana said... (3/19/04 10:48 AM) Reply
Anne, I've tried to fix the links, but if you get to the one, you can navigate around in that site, and there are quite a few. Sorry. I've never gotten any of these links to work before at all.
Liana said... (3/19/04 8:58 AM) Reply
Deepika, I haven't lined any of these, but I plan to line the next long version I make and see how that works.
Ann C said... (3/19/04 7:46 AM) Reply
Very attractive. Love the plaid in soft colors.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/19/04 7:28 AM) Reply
Liana, I never would have considered this jacket. I agree that the placement of the buttons is unappealing. But after seeing your version, I may reconsider. Great review! -Ann
AnneM said... (3/19/04 7:16 AM) Reply
Very nice, & like the short-version suit as well. (I can only see 1 of the other pictures.)
Doris Stewart said... (3/19/04 7:00 AM) Reply
Wow - great looking jacekt, both versions.
Deepika said... (3/19/04 6:41 AM) Reply
Liana, this is amazing. Looks very tailored! Did you line any of the jackets you made from this pattern?
jlg said... (3/19/04 5:51 AM) Reply
Liana, your jacket is fantastic, and I am awed by the stripe matching.
Georgene said... (3/19/04 0:54 AM) Reply
Great matching! Very nice jacket, you'd never know there is no interfacing..
Debbie Cook said... (3/18/04 11:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. The stripe match is impeccable!

McCall's M5433