Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2804 (Empire crossover top)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:3/29/10 11:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Oh That Paula said... (7/12/10 8:47 AM) Reply
Your review is informative and funny! You look lovely in your top!
Diane E said... (4/24/10 1:15 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful! And exactly what "horrors" are you talking about? I'm planning to make this top today and I'm hoping mine looks as pretty as yours. And great color, by the way.
JDpenelope said... (4/6/10 7:01 PM) Reply
Great top!
jso4fun said... (4/1/10 11:25 PM) Reply
P.S. And you always look really really good in what you sew. (Forgot to add that in my prior fan letter.)
jso4fun said... (3/31/10 11:17 PM) Reply
Body fluff! I love it! (Not the fluff, but the new term for those surprising bunches and bundles of skin and flab that show up out of nowhere, when I'm least expecting them!) What a hoot you are! Anyway, as usual, a great top, and really helpful review. And it's so great to have a review from you again. It seems like it's been a little while, and I've missed your reviews. I have never met you, but I follow your reviews; you are one of my main inspirations on PR! You sew great clothes, from a lot of the patterns I am thinking of using, and your reviews help me see what they will look like, and help me decide whether to sew them or not. So thanks for another great review.
marec said... (3/30/10 12:53 PM) Reply
I had to smile at your review because I previewed all the pics before reading and didn't notice any fluffy bits. You look great in that color (it's one I love and cannot wear) and the tee is so flaatering.
ryansmumAria said... (3/30/10 9:40 AM) Reply
Ann, I love your work and you are pretty as ever!
Annette1 said... (3/30/10 8:56 AM) Reply
:o)) I'm sitting here laughing at "the horror of the fluff," of which I see NONE on you, but I would definitely need ruching FRONT AND BACK. I LOVE this top on you. :o)
starryfish said... (3/30/10 8:52 AM) Reply
A lovely top, in a beautiful flattering colour!
marjenann said... (3/30/10 8:08 AM) Reply
Woiw, I think you look amazing in your newest creation! Thanks for the informative review!!!
Oziroo said... (3/30/10 8:06 AM) Reply
Your top looks great and you have overcome those issues successfully. Yes, I also was disappointed by the "pull" at the sleeve seam when I made this: also, I found the V neck rather narrow on me. As yet I haven't fixed it. It's on the UFO pile!
becca a said... (3/30/10 7:51 AM) Reply
Your shirt is very flattering! Given the pulls that RTW tee shirts have, I wouldn't have been bothered by the pulls from the modesty panel because I expect them in a tee. I haven't yet made this shirt, but that may be why others haven't complained. I like your idea of ruching all the way around, but your back picture looks great--no horrors there. Fantastic color for you.
susiestitcher said... (3/30/10 6:41 AM) Reply
You look beautiful in your top. I totally understand your idea about ruching in the back. But I do not see any horror back there, you silly girl! Thanks for the tip on the modesty panel. If I make this top, I am sure I would want one, too, so your information is very helpful. Great color and nice fit, too!
DorothyK said... (3/30/10 1:04 AM) Reply
The top looks great on you. You addressed the issues well. If I decide to make this pattern, your review will be very helpful.
Barbara V said... (3/30/10 0:39 AM) Reply
Your top turned out splendidly and looks very flattering with a nice fit. What are you saying? "the horrors"??? I think you need to change your mirror.....you look great in it! Lovely color too.

Candice Paper Pattern

Candice Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

by: AmandaRene...