Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3153 (Misses' Swimwear)

Reviewed by:Teeavilnor

About Teeavilnorstar
CT USA
Member since: 10/12/07
Posted on:2/24/10 4:17 PM
Last Updated:2/24/10 4:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/27/11 1:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I am just making this suit (in black)!
GinormicaMG said... (7/29/10 12:07 PM) Reply
You did an awesome job on all of your suits. I am searching for a go to swim practice suit pattern. Which is your favorite in terms of fit and simplicity but also performace? Aslo which fabric would you suggest? No matter what we pay, the RTW ones never last and cost a fortune every season. HELP!!!
squirrellypoo said... (2/25/10 7:11 AM) Reply
This looks great! I love the back, it's very RTW. As for elastic straps, Shebear has a great trick for doing them, it was in the old Swimwear SewAlong thread in the boards.
TalyQ said... (2/25/10 1:47 AM) Reply
Great swimsuit, I hope I make one for myself one day.
Heidi Ho said... (2/24/10 11:49 PM) Reply
Nice looking suit. I am always looking for good patterns for lap swimming suits. I would be interested to find out how it works in the water ie. is it comfortable for actual swimming?
sewing for fun said... (2/24/10 4:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I really like the strap variation. The Kwik Sew Swim and Activewear book is really great for fit tweaking the Kwik Sew patterns - and it has several included in the book.
julie w said... (2/24/10 4:47 PM) Reply
Great looking swimsuit, a tutorial on elastic straps can be found here http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=47266 by SheBear
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (2/24/10 4:43 PM) Reply
You know I just might get this pattern. I'm tired of my other Kwik Sew pattern and I feel it's not the best for my figure...and the straps are so small that the elastic overlaps....this might be more suitable, particularly the hook part in the back...it would be easier to get on.

Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern