Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6024 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:kidmd

About kidmdstarstarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 4/20/09
Posted on:2/26/10 9:08 AM
Last Updated:3/31/10 8:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
DebraWenlock said... (4/22/11 6:00 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous dress - I love the combination of the feminine frills with the bold geometric print. It's such a shame it's not also a joy to wear! Thanks for the cautions & recommendations.
pieraci2 said... (3/20/11 2:18 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for mentioning the scimpy facings and the fact that there is not very much "wiggle room" when walking. My daughter chose this dress and when I do, I will line the bodice as you suggested. As far as the narrowness of the skirt part of the dress, I suppose I could widen it a bit when I cut it from the fabric. What do you think? Is that a good idea? (Since you already made and wore the dress). Thanks again for the review and picture. You look very cute in the dress!!!
MissyBelle said... (1/3/11 11:28 PM) Reply
I am literally taking notes from your review. I will press forward to make this dress and heed all of your advice. Thanks for sharing and you look fantastic by the way ;-)
Julia Bobbin said... (11/22/10 8:33 PM) Reply
Fantastic review and fantastic dress!
fattyboomboom said... (7/15/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for this very thorough review, especially the warning about both sides of the fabric showing. You look so cute!
kittiequeen said... (6/5/10 3:18 PM) Reply
One of the ideas I LOVE about this pattern web site--is the submitted photos from home sewers. Re this one, I love your dress, and it really shows the contrast between how the photo on the pattern envelope appears, and, somehow, much more truthfully, a geniune home sewn garment actually looks and is. As well as what it can be like to wear the item. Thanks!
KatieRose said... (4/22/10 5:17 PM) Reply
Thank you for pointing out the problems! I have this pattern ready to go, but I will widen the facings (and probably add to the skirt overlap to avoid tricky moments!). It looks great on you!
Mebber said... (3/31/10 11:05 AM) Reply
This is a great dress - you can wear it with capri length leggings to deal with the wrap being too minimal. It is very contemporary and you did a beautiful job - I hope you wear it often this spring!
Lili123 said... (2/27/10 9:39 AM) Reply
very nice dress, i love the colors and the patterns on the fabric.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (2/27/10 1:27 AM) Reply
So cute and hopeful of spring's return. It's the perfect Easter dress.
Christas said... (2/26/10 5:08 PM) Reply
WOW! This is really cute!!! Thanks so much for the very nice review.
birdmcfarland said... (2/26/10 3:53 PM) Reply
Love it! I really like the fabric/dress style combo
sewtime said... (2/26/10 3:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! A book that helped me with making facings that work is 'Nancy's 25 favorite sewing techniques' by Nancy Zieman. But I love your dress, it is so cute!
FreyaStark said... (2/26/10 2:47 PM) Reply
A gorgeous dress.
nellc said... (2/26/10 1:16 PM) Reply
Your dress looks really lovely, I like the binding on the flounces. I have this pattern so it is nice to see a detailed review, thanks for the warning about the facings.
persevering said... (2/26/10 10:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for being the first making this cute dress and sharing what you learned.
heathercampbell29 said... (2/26/10 10:49 AM) Reply
this is really cute! and I also love the patterns that have cup sizes for the bodice. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to try it. I really love the fabric that you chose.
SewRaeMe said... (2/26/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Very cute! Love the material!
Bonnie123 said... (2/26/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Very cute....looking at your bio, when do you have time to sew??? lol Again, I love the dress and the binding.

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest