Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6859 ( Misses, Men and Teens Pajama)

Reviewed by:tanny76

About tanny76
ON CANADA
Member since: 1/5/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:2/26/10 1:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Loungewear
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/27/10 10:44 AM) Reply
"I thought that I was supposed to sew the two pieces together, ending up with two pockets and then attach to the pants. " THAT's what I DID :( Thanks a bunch for the help!! ;)
thirteenstitches said... (2/27/10 7:14 AM) Reply
Nice job on the pants. And already able to help out a fellow sewer ; ) Good for you!
michalklimer said... (2/27/10 0:12 AM) Reply
Thepants are really cute!
tanny76 said... (2/26/10 2:37 PM) Reply
Hi Rhonda, I'll do my best to explain (real novice here): The pattern calls for a total of 4 pieces to be cut for the pockets. I thought that I was supposed to sew the two pieces together, ending up with two pockets and then attach to the pants. Turns out, each pocket piece is sewn seperately to the pants (so, sewn four times, one per each pant leg side). The sides and bottom of the pocket are sewn together.They are then folded in towards the pant leg and temporarily basted at the top, so they are lying flat inside the pant. When the pants are at the stage of sewing the waistband casing, the top of the pocket is sewn under the casing and then the basting stitches are removed. Hope that helps a bit!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/26/10 2:13 PM) Reply
"I made a mistake on the pockets"--Hi!! I can't figure out HOW to sew inseam pockets in my pj pattern :(. Would you consider sharing what your "mistake" was?? Maybe I'll learn, eh ;)

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2013-112