Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1036 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:TJSEWS

About TJSEWSstar
NJ United States
Member since: 1/7/06
Posted on:2/26/10 9:15 PM
Last Updated:3/16/14 10:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/28/14 6:57 PM) Reply
Excellent! Your jacket looks great.
Hilary said... (3/18/14 7:22 PM) Reply
Your jacket came out very well, despite all the problems. I love the fabric and the contrasting top-stitching, it's very striking! I hope Vogue got back with you & maybe they'll fix this pattern in the future :P
sew2little said... (3/17/14 7:55 PM) Reply
Fabulous top stitching! Great jacket!
CissieW said... (3/16/14 10:11 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out beautifully, despite pattern issues.
PattyE said... (3/16/14 9:16 PM) Reply
Nice jacket! I have this pattern and I will certainly check it for missing parts and other issues. Thanks for the warning.
Jrhee said... (3/16/14 9:13 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, love the color!
marjenann said... (9/3/10 5:54 PM) Reply
Stunning jacket, and your workmanship is impeccable!! Thanks for sharing!!
carolynw said... (2/28/10 3:42 PM) Reply
This is a great looking jeans jacket - must get the pattern and thanks for a great review with some very important thigns to know about this pattern's short comings
OlindaM said... (2/28/10 1:31 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and agree the sleeve detail is wonderful. Never heard of so many probs with a Vogue before - poor you. You succeeded despite it all.
TJSEWS said... (2/27/10 8:37 PM) Reply
Hi everone, thanks so much for your encouraging feedback! I was finally able to get the photos to post. I also just wrote to Vogue and let them know of the pattern problems. Maybe there was some mishap at the factory or in the quality control dept.
stsimon said... (2/27/10 8:30 PM) Reply
Once I got a Vogue pattern that was missing one of the two instruction sheets. I called them and they sent out a replacement right away. It's worth a try!
Laurie Lou said... (2/27/10 3:10 PM) Reply
Really Cool sleeve detail and bummer on the pattern! That would really irritate me too. Yes It woud be nice to see more pix but understand...I had trouble downloading more pix on my review...I agree...let Vogue know of the mistakes you found...they do listen.
JETrinity said... (2/27/10 1:03 PM) Reply
Very nice job on the sleeves.
cindyann said... (2/27/10 10:47 AM) Reply
Looks great! I'd love to see more pictures. Striking sleeves with the gold topstitching.
RadarRadiance said... (2/27/10 10:30 AM) Reply
I would also love to see more photos. I bought this pattern, fell in love with it but now I am a little hesitant on using it. Great review, thanks.
dorothyn said... (2/27/10 7:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed info on this pattern. I would love to see your rendition, but your photo link doesn't appear to be working.
Rhoda K said... (2/26/10 11:24 PM) Reply
Your jacket photo link isn't working, but I like the style shown on the pattern. Sorry you had a problem with the pattern. You might want to let the Vogue folks know - they may give you a freebie pattern as a consolation prize ;-)

Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express Pattern