Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6582 (Misses' Dress & Belt)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08

Posted on:3/19/10 9:42 PM
Last Updated:3/20/10 2:12 PM

CarnetACarreaux said... (8/11/10 11:02 PM) Reply
This is an amazing dress, you look incredible in it
Englishstitch said... (5/8/10 5:21 PM) Reply
A lovely dress!! I like your video too. What a great mum making your daughter such beautiful clothes :-D
fourkid said... (3/27/10 9:35 PM) Reply
I enjoyed you review - and love the dress.
Peter in NYC said... (3/26/10 10:02 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and great video -- thanks for taking the trouble to do that!
Jatman said... (3/22/10 6:18 PM) Reply
This is SOOOO cute! And the belt is perfect!!
colorkitten said... (3/21/10 1:15 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic! Great job.
flyskim said... (3/21/10 12:46 PM) Reply
Love the dress. It's just darling (as is your daughter). Love the video review.
AuntieShel said... (3/20/10 8:41 PM) Reply
OMG, this is the cutest dress ever and your DD looks absolutely adorable in it.
Terri A said... (3/20/10 4:27 PM) Reply
Do it do it! I would love that. Just point your camera and talk - then upload to youtube. It is a snap! The reason I do it is that i can chat about it and you can sort of see me talk and throw the garment around:-) It's more fun than a static image. You can see mistakes and also compare sort of the dimensions of everything to my hands and the cutting mat.. a video is worth a thousand pictures? Haha I don't know:-)
Annette1 said... (3/20/10 4:22 PM) Reply
I forgot to tell you that I LOVE your video idea, and if I have enough GUMPTION, I may steal that idea from you. :o) Don't know how it will work with my dinky little camera though. It sure makes it easy to point out the different features of the garment. Great idea!
craftygamma said... (3/20/10 2:35 PM) Reply
That is a great dress, and the photograph with the dog is just a wonderful way to show it off.
Terri A said... (3/20/10 1:37 PM) Reply
Thanks! I did my best but the facings were tricky. I didn't line it littlehen, and I thought it looked fine. I couldn't see through it at all, but she will likely wear a simple slip with it in future for the skirt portion.
Historylover said... (3/20/10 1:23 PM) Reply
Totally cute retro dress. Perfect for spring!
renren said... (3/20/10 10:39 AM) Reply
Oh, my goodness, this is all just so lovely. That youtube video is great as an informational tool! And all those photos at flickr. I've never thought of doing that. I always do it link by link by link and it is so tedious sometimes. Love that belt buckle, too. I hope your daughter loves this dress because it deserves to have love showered on it! Love the pictures of dd with dear dog, too.
Lori V said... (3/20/10 9:24 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress, perfect fabric for the style.
becca a said... (3/20/10 8:23 AM) Reply
This is a lovely dress! It fits your daughter beautifully.
littlehen said... (3/20/10 8:04 AM) Reply
The dress is so beautiful in the Chiffon Blue Flowers! You really make lovely clothing. When I first received this fabric I thought it would need to be lined for a dress or a skirt - do you think it's ok without any lining?
MaryDB said... (3/19/10 11:23 PM) Reply
Darling dress, nice work. Thanks for the review.
Lili123 said... (3/19/10 10:34 PM) Reply
very pretty dress and good choice of fabric.
Annette1 said... (3/19/10 10:00 PM) Reply
VERY cute dress, so nicely made, and I LOVE all the pictures. :o)
Terri A said... (3/7/10 11:21 PM) Reply
Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize it would be misleading - that is actually the photo from the Butterick website for this pattern. If you click on "more info provided by Terri A", you will see there are several pictures on the Butterick website for this pattern number. Since I was in a WIP draft mode, I included the view I am making. I am using somewhat similar fabric a Vera Wang chiffon from fabric.com. I will post pics soon.
Fashions said... (3/7/10 3:23 PM) Reply
The dress is breathtakingingly beautiful. You look great in it. Where did you get that gorgeous fabric?
Terri A said... (3/1/10 3:32 PM) Reply
I am making both versions in different fabrics. Trying to get them cranked out so I can post photos and a full review:-)
Bonnie123 said... (3/1/10 12:04 PM) Reply
One word, "BEAUTIFUL!"
no7262 said... (3/1/10 9:55 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see it! Which view are you making? Nora :)

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)