Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1205 (marseilles Top)

Reviewed by:mudcat

About mudcatstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/17/02
Posted on:3/22/04 10:41 PM
Last Updated:10/24/04 7:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

SANDI DEVOY said... (10/26/04 12:39 PM) Reply
I made the other version of this pattern and found it too be way to big. I tried to do some adjusting but decided this pattern was not for me. The only TS patterns I find that fit me are the LH ones
Sherril Miller said... (4/3/04 8:43 PM) Reply
I added darts to this pattern and I think it fit fairly well, except that I need to add just a bit more at the hips. The complaint I have with this pattern is that it is made for someone with football paded sized shoulders. Alice, a knit may be a good idea, but you probably need to shorten the top above the bust to get a better range of motion in your sleeves.
mudcat said... (3/23/04 7:28 PM) Reply
One more thing...I might try it again in a rayon jersey knit.
mudcat said... (3/23/04 7:27 PM) Reply
I have KS 3161 but haven't made it yet. I'm almost wondering if the small would have worked better but then I'd probably have to wear the shoulder pads and I prefer not to.
KarenP said... (3/23/04 11:53 AM) Reply
Alice, Thanks for this review - I've been wanting to see a picture of view B made up as it's on my list of items to make (I also thought it would be a good pattern to copy JJill). I will be sure to measure the pattern before choosing my size thanks to your experience!
Gigi Louis said... (3/23/04 8:02 AM) Reply
Alice, I'm so glad you reviewed this as it is on my wish list. I think I will use the KS version instead. It does look very nice on you but I know how uncomfortable tight sleeves can be. :-(
Ann C said... (3/23/04 7:24 AM) Reply
Your top looks nice but sorry the fit didn't work. Every time I read a review of Textile Studio or Loes Hines, it seems like the sleeves are too tight. Loes are you listening?
Mini said... (3/23/04 6:43 AM) Reply
Alice, I think you might like Kwik Sew 3161 as a alternative to this top. I made the Marseille recently, using the largest size, and mine seemed way too BIG:)! While I like this style, I think the fit of this pattern is not Textile Studio's greatest. The sleeves are easy to put in, but the long sleeve is too narrow. From the photo it looks like the bust is too tight, and posssibly the armholes are low as well.

by: Kip C

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)