Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2909 (Women's Classic Trousers)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
VIC Australia
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:3/4/10 0:34 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
MNBarb said... (1/2/11 8:57 PM) Reply
I'm snooping through your pants reviews since you always have such good fitting advice. If I could make pants that look as good as these I would never buy RTW again. Perfect!
MareeAlison said... (6/3/10 2:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review again Belinda. The pants are extremely flattering. Great job!
mamaore said... (4/1/10 1:25 PM) Reply
this is fabulous..no wrinkles... I am working way through the Jalie 2561 and I think I prefer the fit to Burda. I will definitely be getting this pattern as well. Thanks for the review
ryan's mom said... (3/5/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I may have to break down and buy a Jalie pants pattern. Gotta try my Burda first though.
Rustybobn said... (3/5/10 10:18 AM) Reply
They look great! I, too, have been following this saga on your blog and have enjoyed reading about it as it happened.
Ciclista said... (3/5/10 9:06 AM) Reply
Wow - I can't remember another pants review in recent memory that looked as good as these. I've never tried a Jalie - I will now. Thanks for the great review!
Nancy K said... (3/5/10 8:41 AM) Reply
Really gorgeous fit and style on you.
yummymummy38 said... (3/5/10 7:45 AM) Reply
I've been following your pant fitting adventures on your blog, so happy to hear that these are a TNT, they look terrific! BTW, I'm waiting for ordered Jalie pattern to arrive from PR, how long does it take to get to Australia?
becca a said... (3/5/10 7:42 AM) Reply
These are so flattering! I have to try this pattern.
ryan's mom said... (3/5/10 7:04 AM) Reply
JAS said... (3/4/10 11:58 PM) Reply
That back view is the best recommendation this pattern could get. Absolutely perfect fit.
Riordan said... (3/4/10 11:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants--beautiful fit!! You look great in them!
Ripple Dandelion said... (3/4/10 3:04 PM) Reply
That back view does a great job of explaining why you are so enthusiastic about this pattern. Looks super, and love the fabric too.
Twinset said... (3/4/10 12:11 PM) Reply
Wow, those pants look reeeaaaalllly good on you!!
Patti B said... (3/4/10 11:58 AM) Reply
Should we start a fan club for this pattern? Yours look fantastic and I see many more in your future.
mhk3boys said... (3/4/10 11:44 AM) Reply
Awesome fit! What a great looking pair of pants!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/4/10 11:23 AM) Reply
Goregeous pants Belinda!!! I really need to try this pattern, I've had it my stash for 6 months and haven't yet - eek. I'm loving my Jalie jeans tho - they definitely got pants patterns figured out.
JanJanB said... (3/4/10 11:02 AM) Reply
These look fabulous on you. I can see why they will be a favorite. Thank you for the info on the stretch. I've made 2561 and have been telling myself that 1 Jalie pants pattern is enough............not.
Christas said... (3/4/10 9:05 AM) Reply
Belinda, these look perfect on you! I have quite a few Jalie patterns. I have always been so pleased with them. Oh, and THANKS, I am on a pattern diet (didn't have this pattern), and you made me fall off my diet!
Deepika said... (3/4/10 8:54 AM) Reply
Belinda, those pants look very very nice. And yes, lets start a thread to make 100 more of these :) The waistband is not my favorite part of these pants but I am lazy so I will continue to use it :) At some point, I'd love to draft my own. If you do, I'd love to see how you did it.
Rhoda K said... (3/4/10 8:25 AM) Reply
These look so good on you!
cindyann said... (3/4/10 7:44 AM) Reply
Oh Belinda, I really don't need any more patterns but you are making it very difficult! They look just terrific!
Rebecca D said... (3/4/10 6:41 AM) Reply
Holy cow - the fit is amazing. Thanks for the info about the waistband.
JenniferBee said... (3/4/10 3:55 AM) Reply
Great Fit Belinda, glad you've found the perfect pant pattern.
Schnauzer said... (3/4/10 2:07 AM) Reply
Superb!
sewnsewtoo said... (3/4/10 1:30 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great fit. Congrats.
Barbara3 said... (3/4/10 1:11 AM) Reply
How lucky to find a new TNT! These look just wonderful on you. From all of the positive reviews so far, this pattern sounds like the best.
Ingiepops said... (3/4/10 0:48 AM) Reply
These look great, Belinda. Hmmm... another Jalie pattern I'll have to get!

by: Soday

Fit For Art Band Variations and Pockets for the Tabula Rasa Jacket

Fit For Art Band Variations and Pockets for the Tabula Rasa Jacket

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

StyleArc Creative Cate Top