Pattern Reviews> Other> Schnittvision, vol. 1 (Blazer)

Reviewed by:Ilse123

About Ilse123
Member since: 11/27/07
Posted on:3/4/10 4:35 PM
Last Updated:3/5/10 2:41 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

FrauW said... (6/28/10 2:41 PM) Reply
good job! I have 4 schnittvision CD's and vol. 1 is my favorite. I struggled for ages with getting the measurements right, but have finally managed. The skirt in my profile pic is from vol 1 and I just love it. I work a lot with the Burda "nähen einfach gemacht" but I am fluent in German...if there's an english version, get it! That is what I learned to sew with and it is still indespensible. Schnittvision's instruction leave much to be desired ("attach collar"), so if you need any help, just mail me!
Kayseri said... (3/6/10 5:05 PM) Reply
An ambitious project for a beginner, with a great result. Well done!
Ilse123 said... (3/5/10 3:36 PM) Reply
I am surprised Schnittvision still only sells German versions of the CDs, they told me years ago they were going to translate them in English. One way to deal with the German instructions is to use Altavista Babelfish, but this site cannot cope with German sewing terminology, so I worked with my basic knowledge of German which was enough to figure out the different steps. Another way is to ignore the instructions all together, and use a good sewing manual..
Susan obsessive sewing said... (3/5/10 3:04 PM) Reply
I like the blazer, so i looked at thier website, nice, but when you buy the cd, how do you then translate from German to English?
MichelleE said... (3/5/10 12:40 PM) Reply
I'm so glad to see a Schnittvision pattern reviewed, your jacket turned out wonderful! I have purchased 3 cds and had a fun time googling all the german translations - I now know a lot of german sewing words! Can't wait to make my first outfit.
okie2thdoc said... (3/5/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Great job! You're tackling some pretty technical stuff. I second the upgrade to Advanced Beginner.
paulakiss said... (3/5/10 2:30 AM) Reply
Terrific job! That does not look like a beginner made it! I think you need to upgrade to advanced beginner sweetie! Beautiful and feminine!
Re Becca said... (3/4/10 11:05 PM) Reply
I like your lining! Very pretty and feminine.

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Maggie Paper Pattern