Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 233 (Glamour Girl Dress)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:3/5/10 5:21 PM

Margaret said... (11/15/10 5:29 PM) Reply
OK, review now edited for different photo hosting. :)
Margaret said... (11/8/10 4:39 AM) Reply
Sorry about that... I just moved and there are now issues with the server that all the pictures are on... I'm not sure we'll be able to get it a static IP address any time soon. :( The pictures still exist, it's just I may have to edit every single older review to put them elsewhere. If that turns out to be the case, I can at least deal with this one first :/
AnneM said... (10/23/10 5:43 PM) Reply
Unfortunately your pictures are no longer working. Great, informative view. Thanks for all the tips and information.
Margaret said... (3/7/10 7:57 AM) Reply
Thanks so much, you are all so kind! Freya, thanks for the pattern suggestion. So far I don't have that one in my Folkwear collection, but it looks nice.
FreyaStark said... (3/7/10 5:36 AM) Reply
Wow! An outstanding effort, a gorgeous dress, and it looks great on you. I would love to see what you would make of the Folkwear Sporty Forties dress, which is more of a day dress. It goes up to size 16 (which rules me out!) and seems to be discontinued, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy somewhere on the net.
fryman said... (3/6/10 11:37 AM) Reply
an exceptional review on an exceptional pattern and constructed dress. Thank you. Have you ever made the Glamour Girl pattern by Folkwear? I would be interested in your remarks. Thanks again.
colorkitten said... (3/6/10 10:01 AM) Reply
I would love to see it short - but this one is great! I've always been interested in folkwear patterns but have yet to buy any. thanks for the encouragement!
Margaret said... (3/6/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! I've been happy with most Folkwear patterns I've made, but I think this is one of the best!
lamstu said... (3/5/10 11:02 PM) Reply
I have admired this dress for ages, and am so happy to see your 'everyday' version that looks fantastic on you. You really put a lot of work into this pattern - all worth it and great that you like it so well too. Thanks for a thorough review too. I might just try the pattern now!
Athene said... (3/5/10 9:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/5/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Now THAT's a "Review" ;)!! I LOVE this look on you, Margaret!! Shows off your figure & femininity!!
dbsewer said... (3/5/10 5:34 PM) Reply
Great review. I have always been intrigued with this dress but haven't made a Folkwear garment in a long time. Your dress is making me want to go back and work with them again. It looks pretty on you and the fabric is lovely.

Favorite Things Hope Skirts Pattern