Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 233 (Glamour Girl Dress)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:3/5/10 5:21 PM

Margaret said... (11/15/10 5:29 PM) Reply
OK, review now edited for different photo hosting. :)
Margaret said... (11/8/10 4:39 AM) Reply
Sorry about that... I just moved and there are now issues with the server that all the pictures are on... I'm not sure we'll be able to get it a static IP address any time soon. :( The pictures still exist, it's just I may have to edit every single older review to put them elsewhere. If that turns out to be the case, I can at least deal with this one first :/
AnneM said... (10/23/10 5:43 PM) Reply
Unfortunately your pictures are no longer working. Great, informative view. Thanks for all the tips and information.
Margaret said... (3/7/10 7:57 AM) Reply
Thanks so much, you are all so kind! Freya, thanks for the pattern suggestion. So far I don't have that one in my Folkwear collection, but it looks nice.
FreyaStark said... (3/7/10 5:36 AM) Reply
Wow! An outstanding effort, a gorgeous dress, and it looks great on you. I would love to see what you would make of the Folkwear Sporty Forties dress, which is more of a day dress. It goes up to size 16 (which rules me out!) and seems to be discontinued, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy somewhere on the net.
fryman said... (3/6/10 11:37 AM) Reply
an exceptional review on an exceptional pattern and constructed dress. Thank you. Have you ever made the Glamour Girl pattern by Folkwear? I would be interested in your remarks. Thanks again.
colorkitten said... (3/6/10 10:01 AM) Reply
I would love to see it short - but this one is great! I've always been interested in folkwear patterns but have yet to buy any. thanks for the encouragement!
Margaret said... (3/6/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! I've been happy with most Folkwear patterns I've made, but I think this is one of the best!
lamstu said... (3/5/10 11:02 PM) Reply
I have admired this dress for ages, and am so happy to see your 'everyday' version that looks fantastic on you. You really put a lot of work into this pattern - all worth it and great that you like it so well too. Thanks for a thorough review too. I might just try the pattern now!
Athene said... (3/5/10 9:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/5/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Now THAT's a "Review" ;)!! I LOVE this look on you, Margaret!! Shows off your figure & femininity!!
dbsewer said... (3/5/10 5:34 PM) Reply
Great review. I have always been intrigued with this dress but haven't made a Folkwear garment in a long time. Your dress is making me want to go back and work with them again. It looks pretty on you and the fabric is lovely.

Kwik Sew 2774