Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2883

Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:3/7/10 8:07 AM

marvelous said... (3/27/10 10:58 PM) Reply
I just finished this pattern and have the same feelings. I chose a pattern and it is just not flattering at all on my figure. I too feel like it would have been great to wear when I was pregnant. I'm going to try shortening the bodice and reattaching the skirt to see if that helps. I like yours with the wide belt.
becca a said... (3/8/10 7:45 AM) Reply
It is so frustrating to work hard on a project only to discover that you don't like it. It is much cuter with the belt.
Danvillegirl said... (3/8/10 6:42 AM) Reply
The contrasting black belt does improve the look of this dress. Thanks for your review.
fourkid said... (3/7/10 3:25 PM) Reply
I totally echo all that has been said here already. I love this with the obi-type belt - and the bolero would look so nice on a black dress. So really you got 2 outfits instead of just one
sewnsew43 said... (3/7/10 2:03 PM) Reply
The wide belt definately makes the pattern calm down. Put that cute bolero on a black dress.
Patti B said... (3/7/10 12:53 PM) Reply
I like it but sometimes our garments need some time in the closet to think about their future (joke!). The wide belt really finishes the dress.
carolynw said... (3/7/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Another one saying keep it - with the belt it looks really, really nice. I am currently going through stuff I made and left to hang and am finding I like much of what I had thought was a wadder - this includes a top which I felt was way too wild (print) DH liked it but I thought ' "rather be caught dead" - tried it on yesterday and now think it's pretty sharp so don't do anything drastic yet - it really does look nice with the belt!!
renren said... (3/7/10 9:18 AM) Reply
I think it looks pretty good, actually, especially the one with the wide belt. I can also see it as a tunic/top over a pair of black pants. I think the key is calming down that print, which you have done nicely with the wide black belt (wondering if it could it be called an obi?). Congratulations on your 2nd star!
FreyaStark said... (3/7/10 9:16 AM) Reply
It looks all right to me. Keep it; you might get used to it, which would be better than wasting the fabric and the effort you put it.
no7262 said... (3/7/10 8:24 AM) Reply
It's not a total loss! I really like it with the belt! It helps to brake up the pattern in the print. The bolero can be worn with another cute top. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have made some really nice things. And I love your adventurous nature with sewing! Nora :)

Miranda Day Bag Paper Pattern