Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-113 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:3/7/10 3:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

AnneMarie60 said... (3/8/10 9:37 AM) Reply
So stylish and flattering! Excellent work on every detail. Such great taste in accessorizing your ensemble, as well! No wonder you want more!
pterion said... (3/8/10 9:18 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great-looking skirt! Very chic and flattering.
becca a said... (3/8/10 7:38 AM) Reply
What a fabulous, flattering skirt! I wish I had this issue of BWOF.
Danvillegirl said... (3/8/10 6:47 AM) Reply
Love your version of this skirt. I made #112 from the same issue. After seeing the button up view, I may have to give that a try.
Paris75008 said... (3/8/10 5:22 AM) Reply
Simply stunning! Having such a great figure helps too. Perfect sewing and fabric choices and I just love the jeans buttons.
kerrynw said... (3/8/10 0:41 AM) Reply
I love your new skirt, lovely style, colour and such a great fit!
sew2little said... (3/8/10 0:35 AM) Reply
Christa, you look great in this skirt, and your attention to detail really makes this skirt shine!
JanJanB said... (3/8/10 0:23 AM) Reply
This looks absolutely wonderful on you. Great job on the details.
amy in mpls said... (3/7/10 11:09 PM) Reply
looks great! I made this and had so much trouble fitting it, I love yours, and maybe will try it again!!!!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/7/10 10:55 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous skirt Christa! It flatters your figure so nicely and you can't beat that great bargain price too!
EveS said... (3/7/10 9:42 PM) Reply
CUTE skirt, Christa!! Love the style...the high waist looks fabulous on you (of course!). Nice details, REALLY nice price!! ;)
Barbara V said... (3/7/10 9:15 PM) Reply
How fabulous, Christa! The style on you, the fabric, the details. Mostly it is such a great look for you...perfect length and with boots, tights, scarf....really sharp outfit. One has to love the price too!
Lori V said... (3/7/10 9:15 PM) Reply
Fabulous skirt, this looks fantastic on you.
Olivia Sews said... (3/7/10 9:07 PM) Reply
Love this skirt!! Sometimes I wish Burda would make these individual patterns that are in the magazine!
callmeRuth said... (3/7/10 9:03 PM) Reply
Perfect fit. Your skirt is so well made and looks great on you.
JoanneM said... (3/7/10 8:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt and an excellent review. Thank you!
Sewnsewmom said... (3/7/10 7:51 PM) Reply
What a lovely skirt! The fit is great too.
Elemenopeo said... (3/7/10 7:45 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt.
Peggy L said... (3/7/10 7:23 PM) Reply
Great skirt! The style looks so good on your figure and I love all the details. I don't blame you for wanting more:)
callmeRuth said... (3/7/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Perfect fit. Your skirt is so well made and looks great on you.
Amanda S. said... (3/7/10 5:33 PM) Reply
Great skirt! I love the style of this one and the fit is perfection. I've had some fabric paired with this design since the issue came out. Sometime I will get around to sewing it up. Glad you didn't have any issues with it!
Elke said... (3/7/10 5:23 PM) Reply
Very cute with great details!
Annette1 said... (3/7/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Christa, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this SKIRT! The high waist is PERFECT for your figure, and it really stays UP, too, thanks to the extra underlining, I suspect. I can't believe how quickly you whipped this up, too! Have you finished the next one yet, huh, huh, huh? :o))
okie2thdoc said... (3/7/10 4:40 PM) Reply
Love the skirt! Thanks for showing the inside- I never thought to topstitch prior to assembly. That seems like it would be much easier.
Catbird said... (3/7/10 4:32 PM) Reply
Wow, Christa. I LOVE this skirt! The color of that fabric is right up my alley and perfect for the pattern. It's fantastic! Make millions of them! It's so feminine but so sporty at the same time. I love the whole outfit.
FreyaStark said... (3/7/10 4:30 PM) Reply
Very smart. A perfect fit and beautifully executed.
renren said... (3/7/10 4:22 PM) Reply
What fun interlining on this very chic and elegant skirt. Love the jeans buttons, too! Wow, it's perfect and you've styled it wonderfully with the scarf and boots. I bet the kids were in awe of mom today!
Heidi Ho said... (3/7/10 4:02 PM) Reply
Wow, that turned out great!!! The details are fantastic and the fact that you ended up with such a snappy stylish skirt for less that you would spend on a Latte and muffin (you can guess what I had for breakfast) is what makes sewing really pay off!! Love those short boots too!
milwaukee_kelly said... (3/7/10 3:40 PM) Reply
Great skirt! It fits you perfectly.
Karendee said... (3/7/10 3:23 PM) Reply
Yipee, what an amazing skirt. I do believe that is the best looking "bargain skirt" I've ever seen. Your detail work is wonderful, top stitching, closure detail, and pockets are perfect! And is that waistline detail just not wonderful on you? I also think this type of skirt needs no lining as evidenced by the smooth ride over your tummy and hips. I strongly agree that more of these should be included in your wardrobe future.
Sew4Fun said... (3/7/10 3:22 PM) Reply
Fabulous skirt! The style really suits you. I can see why it's a favourite. Strange how the instructions would leave the interfaced yoke exposed like that but I like your solution.

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Oliver + S Mittens

by: shannonsew...

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern