Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> Akris Ai Bag Knockoff (Akris Ai Bag Knockoff)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:3/14/10 6:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 37 people
nancy2001 said... (4/10/10 6:35 PM) Reply
Here's a photo of Angelina Jolie with her new Akris Ai bag. http://www.bagsnob.com/2010/03/update_angelina_jolie_in_akris.html
Cultured Purl said... (4/3/10 12:26 PM) Reply
THIS is the most gorgeous bag I have ever ever seen!!!!!!! congrats to you Nancy!!!!
Laura O said... (3/31/10 10:12 PM) Reply
Fabulous bag!! I think I would be dizzy with excitement if I accomplished something like that!!! And I'd love to see you start posting on your blog (unless you have a new one??).
Laura O said... (3/31/10 10:11 PM) Reply
Fabulous bag!! I think I would be dizzy with excitement if I accomplished something like that!!! And I love to see you start posting on your blog (unless you have a new one??).
Laura O said... (3/31/10 10:11 PM) Reply
Jolet said... (3/30/10 3:03 PM) Reply
What an effort you've put into this project Nancy!! Great job, tremendous bag!!
Monica Ann said... (3/30/10 11:28 AM) Reply
Am amazed at your version!!! It looks just like the real thing. You'll never be caught for having a knock-off. It's better than the original.
nancy2001 said... (3/30/10 10:54 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your messages of congratulations. I have to say that the contest really inspired me. If anyone is looking to boost their sewing skills, PR's contests are a great way to do it.
Annette1 said... (3/29/10 5:17 PM) Reply
SOOOOOOOOOOOO very nice, Nancy! CONGRATULATIONS on completing this WONDERFUL bag. :o)
Barbara3 said... (3/29/10 4:34 PM) Reply
Just beautiful. Congratulations.
Barbara V said... (3/29/10 4:32 PM) Reply
Congratulations! Your bag is beautiful, a wonderful result of your challenging quest!
Rhoda K said... (3/29/10 3:55 PM) Reply
Congratulations on a job well done and a great looking purse.
Baja Susana said... (3/28/10 5:22 PM) Reply
Nancy I know the contest is over and that you won. And you desrve the prize, what a beautiful bag, well-made and tasteful. It is gorgeous.
JillyBe said... (3/27/10 7:56 PM) Reply
Gorgeous results! And really a great review too, thanks. This is inspirational - if & when I get around to making a bag, I'll remember yours, for sure!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/27/10 7:54 PM) Reply
What a super cool and beautiful bag - congrats on your win!!! :-)
glenj said... (3/26/10 7:37 AM) Reply
it's a nice knock off.
ImListening said... (3/23/10 5:11 PM) Reply
This looks just like the Akris. You're too modest to label your skills "intermediate".
Imaan said... (3/23/10 1:41 AM) Reply
this is so amazingly beautiful Nancy. Something to aspire to! And at a fraction of the 4,400 price tag too!
sewtime said... (3/21/10 11:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
JDpenelope said... (3/21/10 9:24 PM) Reply
Words fail me.
AnneM said... (3/20/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Wow. What a fantastic job you did. The results were worth your efforts. May not have the meticulous workmanship? It sure looks like it does. I love, love, love your butterfly zipper pull inside the bag.
mamgear said... (3/20/10 7:06 PM) Reply
What wonderful construction and techniques.
kerrynw said... (3/20/10 11:22 AM) Reply
Fantastic job! I absolutely love your bag!
SWEETSUEEMILY said... (3/19/10 10:29 PM) Reply
Excellent review, you can't get any better than this. at least, in my humble opinion.
Leslie Bonner said... (3/19/10 8:15 PM) Reply
Absolutely fantastic bag!
Elle D said... (3/19/10 5:18 PM) Reply
Awesome bag! If you'd like some German horsehair for another version, my horse is shedding and he has a really bushy tail. Just let me know what part and how much you need.
nancy2001 said... (3/19/10 2:40 PM) Reply
Marijka, I ordered the closure and grommets from PR's Melody at Fashionista Fabrics. You can find the links in my review.
halleyscomet said... (3/19/10 2:01 PM) Reply
Your bag is magnificent! I am so jealous!
Kellie R. said... (3/19/10 12:52 PM) Reply
What an amazing bag Nancy! I'd rather have yours than the Akris Ai bag any day! GREAT job!
Deepika said... (3/19/10 12:21 PM) Reply
Nancy, I am at a loss for words. I read the whole review with interest. I just love your bag and admire your perseverance. Also so nice of Elizabeth to go snoop shopping for you.
Sharp said... (3/19/10 11:25 AM) Reply
The end result of all your trial and error is a very lovely bag!
marijka said... (3/19/10 8:46 AM) Reply
QUESTION: Where did you buy the hardware - specifically the closure and grommets? Absolutely beautiful bag, and thanks!
Frogstitcher said... (3/18/10 12:54 PM) Reply
Nancy, your bag is stunningly, gorgeous.
Bambi Lynne said... (3/18/10 12:53 PM) Reply
You are very clever and talented! What a great bag! Thank you for your excellent review. I will have to scope out designer bags myself as I don't have an "in" to check things out for me!
fattyboomboom said... (3/17/10 2:03 PM) Reply
Stunning bag! I love it!!! You did a great job both in creativity and workmanship. (Workwomanship?)
colorkitten said... (3/17/10 1:02 PM) Reply
That is absolutely amazing - you did a fantastic job of sleuthing it out and the result is fantastic!
nancy2001 said... (3/16/10 4:25 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for all your generous comments.
arianamaniacs said... (3/16/10 8:01 AM) Reply
I admire your handbag tenacity! Your bag turned out really wonderful
Kgrrl said... (3/15/10 5:13 PM) Reply
Your attention to detail and workmanship are impeccable!
Scheryka said... (3/15/10 4:38 PM) Reply
I am sorry, I just to post another comment...This is fabulous! lol
Nancy K said... (3/15/10 2:06 PM) Reply
Well done! It looks fabulous.
DorothyK said... (3/15/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Brilliant rendition of an expensive designer bag. Yours could have passed for an original. Thanks for the great review.
Beek said... (3/15/10 10:26 AM) Reply
VERY clever. I spotted this bag in a mag and thought it was such an architectural accessory. You've done a magnificient job knocking it off. I would've never guessed it was not the real deal.
marjenann said... (3/15/10 8:11 AM) Reply
Amazing accomplishment!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
senaSews said... (3/15/10 6:45 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job. I love tha Akris bag. And you managed to clone the bag perfectly!
Danvillegirl said... (3/15/10 5:30 AM) Reply
Great looking bag. You did a fantastic job in copying the purse.
Michele19 said... (3/15/10 4:55 AM) Reply
O.M.G. I am in total LUST! GORGEOUS!
saskprairiegirl said... (3/15/10 4:06 AM) Reply
Elegant and beautiful. I admire your tenacity and beautiful finishing work.
Sharonspils said... (3/15/10 0:37 AM) Reply
Fantastic bag, well done.
CynthiaSue said... (3/14/10 11:51 PM) Reply
um.....flabbergasted, speechless, totally original and amazing.
Sewnsewmom said... (3/14/10 11:38 PM) Reply
Wow! Your bag is gorgeous! Very impressive!!
MaryDB said... (3/14/10 11:03 PM) Reply
What a superb job you've done on this very fun knock-off bag. Bravo! (and Oy Oy Oy)
Sew4Fun said... (3/14/10 10:50 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous bag, but why wouldn't you have any Mongolian horsehair in your stash? Doesn't everyone have some of that lying around? LOL! I actually prefer your leather version.
milwaukee_kelly said... (3/14/10 9:46 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, WOW! Nancy, outstanding. It's so nice to follow your process.
Em's Summer said... (3/14/10 9:26 PM) Reply
Fantastic, as usual! This bag is beautiful, Nancy! And so exquisitely made! You did a GREAT job!!!
fourkid said... (3/14/10 8:59 PM) Reply
I have been looking forward to your finished product ~ great job. You and Elizabeth make a great team!
Scheryka said... (3/14/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Out freakin standing! Looks original. I'm jealous. I want one in black w paisley trim.
Patti B said... (3/14/10 8:54 PM) Reply
Nancy, this is spectacular. Wonderful job of replicating the ever-so-expensive original. I think the $$$ comes from the time spent chasing the Mongolian horses, don't you?
AnneMarie60 said... (3/14/10 8:03 PM) Reply
Impeccable results! Love your version of this stylish bag. Extraordinary work! Thanks for taking the time to add links to the products you used.
LisaRM said... (3/14/10 8:02 PM) Reply
Amazing! Excellent work.
ElizabethDee said... (3/14/10 7:53 PM) Reply
Bravissima! That is one knockout of a bag, and a wonderfully generous, helpful review, too.
Linda G said... (3/14/10 7:00 PM) Reply
Love your bag. I am going to have to take the time to read your review carefully it is full of information.
crazygrad said... (3/14/10 6:46 PM) Reply