Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T
JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8637 (Misses' Skirt And Pants)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:3/14/10 2:41 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
Ann Smith said... (3/26/10 0:37 AM) Reply
Such a great skirt. I love mine too. Oops, I think I forgot to review it.....
bananaoil said... (3/22/10 11:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I like this.
sfshaza said... (3/16/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, Dorothy! I was just contemplating making the pants from this pattern and was looking it up. Your skirt is so cute and looks great with that Jalie top. Even cuter than the pattern!
dwindy said... (3/15/10 11:07 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I have the pattern and was wondering what it looks like on a real person. Thanks also for the size and shortening tips.
fryman said... (3/15/10 10:03 AM) Reply
A real nice job and it looks good on you but I can see from your photo that it would not look good on this body, regardless of how well I did my sewing. Good for you!
MaryDB said... (3/14/10 11:05 PM) Reply
You carry this skirt very well; nice work, lovely piece.
DorothyK said... (3/14/10 7:55 PM) Reply
Martha, actually my skirt is mid-calf length. It started out longer because I forgot to shorten the pattern before cutting the pieces. I ended up shortening it from the waist and also taking deep tucks at the hem, so now I'm happy with the length. I don't think I would like it shorter on me.
marthamyers said... (3/14/10 7:33 PM) Reply
Great review. Thanks so much. It is so helpful to see a picture of the finished garment on you. I was intrigued by the design and your result has inspired me to actually make it. I do have a question though - why is yours ankle length? I do love it that length but I don't completely understand why yours was longer than shown in the pattern envelope. Do you think you would have liked it shorter also?
Patti B said... (3/14/10 6:17 PM) Reply
I love this skirt on you (and the Jalie top too). Nice to know how to select the size; you would have swum in the 'right' size.
Barbara V said... (3/14/10 3:53 PM) Reply
Dorothy, what an amazing skirt! Your choice of fabric is perfect for the draping of the many interesting tucks and pleats. I think your change in the length makes it very flattering. Great work!

by: FreyaStark