Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-114B (Plaid Jacket)

Reviewed by:Pinkytoo

About Pinkytoostarstarstar
NV USA
Member since: 6/23/06
Posted on:3/14/10 8:05 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
ALY said... (3/16/10 8:54 PM) Reply
I love every version of this jacket that has been reviewed and yours is no exception. Put it away for awhile and when you pull it out again, memories of all the sewing frustrations will have faded and you will see it for the wonderful jacket it is.
Kay Y said... (3/16/10 6:21 PM) Reply
This is a fabulous-looking jacket, and the skirt looks great too. You'll enjoy wearing it as soon as the memories of the 5 months you spent struggling with it have faded a bit.
RachelEsq said... (3/15/10 12:46 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! Congrats on finishing it.
Margie T said... (3/15/10 1:24 AM) Reply
It was worth all the effort - it is a beautiful jacket. Congratulations.
Heidi Ho said... (3/15/10 0:53 AM) Reply
Your jacket turned out fantastic! The sleeve cuffs look like an intentionally added detail. I saw that jacket in Burda and fell in love with it but decided from the get go it was way out of my league. I am very impressed with both your skill and stamina. You must not live to far from me, it is suppose to be warm here tomorrow too.
persevering said... (3/14/10 11:32 PM) Reply
Congratulations!!! Hope you do wear this jacket for years and years - it is a WINNER!
Coastal Connie said... (3/14/10 9:37 PM) Reply
Looks like an adorable jacket. I love the edges around the jacket and on the sleeves. I have a similar jacket that I bought in Nashville and I get all kinds of compliments on it...I'm sure that you will, too. I'd love to be able to say that I had made it, even if it took 5 months to do...
katlew03 said... (3/14/10 9:06 PM) Reply
You did a great job. The results were well worth it (I hope).
Mary Nanna said... (3/14/10 8:40 PM) Reply
As soon as I saw that jacket, I thought, "hey, that's that really hard plaid jacket, cor, she's brave." How gratifying to know it was really really hard. Now I shall leave all thoughts of ever making it forever in fantasy land. Gorgeous jacket - well done for completing it. I admire your pluck.
nancy2001 said... (3/14/10 8:23 PM) Reply
You jacket turned out beautifully, but five months is an eternity to spend on any project. You definitely win the perisistance award.

By Hand London Charlotte Skirt