Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8598 (MISSES' SHIRT)

Reviewed by:kidmd

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Finicky Petite said... (11/5/10 9:48 AM) Reply
Very cute blouse! I love the sleeves, but I can see what you mean about the fitting. I don't understand sizes at all, because according to the size chart, I should be cutting one or two sizes larger than what actually works for me. One quick question about the sleeves... the two photos that are provided at the Vogue website http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8598-products-10474.php?page_id=259 make the sleeves look like they impede arm movement. Neither of the models looks like she could raise her arm any higher than it is in the picture. Do you have that experience with your blouse?
janet said... (3/20/10 6:24 PM) Reply
You do beautiful work and look lovely in your blouse.
Christas said... (3/15/10 11:41 AM) Reply
Was your high bust a 12? From the pics you do look like you need to go down a size and then do an FBA. This blouse has such cute style details. You can tell that you have sewn it so nicely.
Beek said... (3/15/10 10:17 AM) Reply
Great shirt. In my experience, I always size up 4 sizes from my RTW size. For example, I buy a size 8 off the rack at Neimann's so I sew a size 12 in Vogue, McCalls, Butterick, etc.
Hilary said... (3/15/10 9:28 AM) Reply
Your shirt is really pretty~I read your blog, and saw the pictures. My first thought on the fit is that you definitely need to go down at least one size! It fits well in the back overall, but there is way too much fabric in the upper chest area (as you noted). I always have to go way down in size to fit the neck/upper chest too. Then I do a massive FBA, LOL! I hope you give it another try-it'd make a great TNT. Even with the fitting woes, it still is really cute.

by: BenaeQuee