Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8552 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:EleriFloats

About EleriFloatsstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 2/3/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:3/15/10 2:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
VioletRuby said... (10/16/11 7:21 PM) Reply
Fantastic! I am starting to work on this pattern this week and hope it looks as beautiful as your dress.
The Funky Seamstress said... (9/9/10 11:48 AM) Reply
I love the print you chose! Excellent job on tweaking the fit. I absolutely love how you placed the pockets, and as a fellow straight-hip gal, I plan on doing the same thing when I sew this pattern. Thanks for the great review!
janet said... (3/20/10 6:30 PM) Reply
Incredible fit--you look wonderful in your very sophisticated dress!
jso4fun said... (3/16/10 10:42 PM) Reply
Wow! You did a great job! I am a D cup, too, and I would never have chosen this pattern, for fear of the tent look, but you really saved it and made it a wonderful fit. Plus I love the pockets, and how you re-arranged them so artfully. Well done!
jso4fun said... (3/16/10 10:31 PM) Reply
EleriFloats said... (3/16/10 11:35 AM) Reply
It's been thanks to your wonderfully supportive sewing community here on pattern review that I got the confidence to start sewing! Let's hope the next dress turns out this well. Cheers!
becca a said... (3/16/10 10:50 AM) Reply
Great looking dress! You did a great job on your alterations.
AuntieShel said... (3/16/10 8:27 AM) Reply
Are you sure this is only the second item you've made? It is awe inspiring. Of course, the cute model helps :) !!! This pattern just move up to the top of my pile.
senaSews said... (3/16/10 4:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and awesome fabric!
kerrynw said... (3/16/10 4:18 AM) Reply
Super cute dress! For the second item you have sewn you have done a fantastic job!
CynthiaSue said... (3/16/10 2:36 AM) Reply
it looks like a sack on the envelope but you look amazing!!!
Terri A said... (3/15/10 8:21 PM) Reply
Very nice dress! Great job - you look like a model!
Lili123 said... (3/15/10 8:17 PM) Reply
your dress is so nice and trendy, i love everything about it, it fits you perfectly.
persevering said... (3/15/10 8:15 PM) Reply
I am so impressed! Your dress is adorable (and practical). And you are so ingenious to get it to look this good!
Linda G said... (3/15/10 6:55 PM) Reply
Absolutely wonder construction and beautuful dress. Does not look like a beginner made this dress.
valerie sews said... (3/15/10 6:47 PM) Reply
Great dress and I love the material. You did a great job of altering it to suit your body. I agree - you are a natural.
xenaprincesslawyer said... (3/15/10 6:46 PM) Reply
Great dress, great first review, and smart alterations -- every D cup learns that lesson the hard way at least once!
newmama said... (3/15/10 6:46 PM) Reply
What a flattering fit! You did a great job, and I like the idea of adding shape to your hips with the pockets. If only subtracting from my hips was that easy!
nellc said... (3/15/10 6:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, you did a great job of altering this to get the look and fit that you wanted.
French.Seam said... (3/15/10 5:52 PM) Reply
Great dress. Knits are easy, and the fit is more forgiving (not that you need that). You'll do fine
Knitters Delight said... (3/15/10 5:47 PM) Reply
That came out great!
Christas said... (3/15/10 5:14 PM) Reply
No one would ever think this was your second thing sewn. You have done a beautiful job on this. It is obvious you have natural talent. Fantastic job!
kes said... (3/15/10 3:58 PM) Reply
Super cute!! I have been debating whether or not to buy this pattern, and your post convinced me! I really like the addition you did of tucks at your waist. I find dresses like this look like a sack on me, but I'm going to try your tuck idea!Thanks for the review!
Rhoda K said... (3/15/10 3:35 PM) Reply
Good job and a really cute dress.
LynnG said... (3/15/10 3:23 PM) Reply
Very becoming. You did a great job. Congratulations on figuring out your alterations. You'll be a pro in no time.
mollyshark said... (3/15/10 3:01 PM) Reply
You're a natural. Sounds like you did an underlining which is a great way to do a dress like this.
Lori V said... (3/15/10 2:40 PM) Reply
Great dress.
Auntie Allyn said... (3/15/10 2:31 PM) Reply
You are just a vision of springtime! Love the dress!
Pixie Helen said... (3/15/10 2:19 PM) Reply
it's gorgeous you did a great job!

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Liberated Mischievous Gnome Messenger Bag