Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1153 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:thepegret

About thepegretstar
NH USA
Member since: 1/29/09
Posted on:3/19/10 12:50 PM
Last Updated:3/19/10 12:56 PM

CallMeSu said... (2/25/11 3:02 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed your photo album of this dress...it made me smile and I think you have a sweet personality! Good job!
JustineSewcountrychick said... (12/24/10 3:37 AM) Reply
Seeing this dress in linem makes me want to try it again
sharkycharming said... (11/22/10 9:07 AM) Reply
Love this dress -- thanks for the review, very helpful. Your vintage button is awesome!
yummymummy38 said... (3/23/10 7:15 PM) Reply
looks adorable on you, summery a bit flirty and cute, like your fabric choice, more versatile than the vogue pattern envelope
poppyq said... (3/22/10 9:30 PM) Reply
I love it. Just got this pattern and will attempt in silk.
Danvillegirl said... (3/21/10 8:12 AM) Reply
Cute dress. Nice idea for saving the elastic loop area.
CynthiaSue said... (3/21/10 0:04 AM) Reply
well awesome you! oh how i wish i was in my 20's again to be able to wear this. Anywho, great sewing job.
AuntieShel said... (3/20/10 8:50 PM) Reply
This is so cute on you!!! I have this pattern and was looking to see if someone reviewed it--I'm sure we will all be making it now, it looks so adorable on you. Great job!!
thepegret said... (3/20/10 10:41 AM) Reply

Fashions said... (3/20/10 0:00 AM) Reply
Super cute! Great job sewing. The review is very helpful.
Terri A said... (3/19/10 10:41 PM) Reply
It looks really really well done! Wonderful!
Byrdie said... (3/19/10 10:05 PM) Reply
I would not have thought of doing this one in linen- but it gives it such a great spring/summer look. You look very cute!
milwaukee_kelly said... (3/19/10 7:15 PM) Reply
Great summer dress!
Rhoda K said... (3/19/10 6:15 PM) Reply
A very cute dress and a good review.
Knitters Delight said... (3/19/10 6:05 PM) Reply
Great job! I really like the extra details. I have this in my stash already, but will need to get a move on making it!
Knitters Delight said... (3/19/10 6:03 PM) Reply
thepegret said... (3/19/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I was strangely nervous to post my first review, but after all your encouraging words, now I just want to sew, sew, sew!!!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/19/10 5:25 PM) Reply
Really l o v e your dress, turned out so pretty, its on my list for summer and was also concerned re waist bulkiness but I love your finished creation. Cute ruffles , so in style now and great ribbon touches. Enjoy!
persevering said... (3/19/10 3:03 PM) Reply
Adorable on you - good job! Enjoyed reading/seeing your review, blog and slideshow.
Laurie Lou said... (3/19/10 2:30 PM) Reply
Cute in deed! my GF is getting this pattern so she will appreciate your review. Good Job. It is really nice looking on you too! Enjoyed your blog too!
Christas said... (3/19/10 2:07 PM) Reply
Really adorable dress ...... looks so cute on you! Love your fabric choice for the pattern!
Jean McGuire said... (3/19/10 1:01 PM) Reply
So nice to see your review of this pattern. I am currently making it for my granddaughter and it is a fun pattern. However, I made the same mistake you did with the elastic cord at the back neck.
Twinset said... (3/19/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Really cute dress! I thought the ruffles at the neck were a bit high when I first saw this pattern, but they appear to be just perfect on you. Thanks for reviewing this dress.

Sewing Workshop Helix Tee and Pants