Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6866 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Posted on:3/17/10 5:54 PM
Last Updated:3/17/10 6:15 PM

fourkid said... (3/26/10 10:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and this pattern looks great. Excellent reviews form both you and Freya.
Lynn67 said... (3/18/10 9:18 AM) Reply
It looks great - now I'm curious about the shoulder seams! My sister taught me that rubbing a Bounce dryer sheet on something will take static out - maybe give it a shot (she even rubs them on her hair and it works).
FreyaStark said... (3/18/10 1:20 AM) Reply
A gorgeous fabric, Renren, and a nice dress by the looks of it. The facings are fiddly, and getting the fit right in the shoulders and bust can be tricky - the right strap of my latest attempt at this dress still falls off my shoulder, annoyingly. It's a pattern worth persisting with, though, and I hope the next one will be even better. It would be easy to alter the back neck and facing so that the V was higher - even an inch would make a difference. You should be able to find an anti-static spray that would fix the static problem for you. I use something called Statique, an Australian product; there must be an American equivalent.
katlew03 said... (3/17/10 9:21 PM) Reply
After seeing two reviews on this pattern, I think I'll have to give it a try. It looks very cool and comfortable. Love this print.
newmama said... (3/17/10 8:52 PM) Reply
Love the part about the interfacing boot camp! Thanks for all the info. I don't think this is my style, but I love reading reviews because I'm learning so much about fit. I'm intimidated by making even little fit changes! I believe in you, though, Renren, and think will do great when you make your minor changes! :)
jannw said... (3/17/10 7:26 PM) Reply
very good review...great information..I really like that dress and fabric together...really says "summer's here"

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2015-107