Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2009-118 (Flounce Front Blouse w/Sleeves)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/19/10 10:32 AM

Petite Josette said... (12/20/10 3:41 PM) Reply
I just posted a review for this pattern. Thanks for your review. I thought the flounce problems I was having (namely, it laying way too flat) was because of my fabric choice, but from what you're saying you had the same problam with silk. I also ended up adding a pleat at the top to give it more shape...
yummymummy38 said... (3/22/10 8:40 PM) Reply
I'm with Berniejh on this one. I too am drawn to the flounce, not the rest of the garment. How about grafting the ruffle onto a blouse with armholes in the normal position. I'm unsure about what to do with the billowyness of the top...
Robin Denning said... (3/21/10 8:25 PM) Reply
very pretty blouse.
Danvillegirl said... (3/21/10 8:21 AM) Reply
As always a most helpful review.
Berniejh said... (3/19/10 11:11 PM) Reply
I think it's the dropped shoulders, they don't really give your sholders any shape. When you compare (even they are two totally different garment styles) how this one looks to the Shirtdress you just made the definition of the shoulder on the dress looks much better on you.
Mufffet said... (3/19/10 5:37 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
FreyaStark said... (3/19/10 4:59 PM) Reply
I think it's lovely (although more successful tucked in than untucked) and not too baggy at all. Do it again sleeveless for summer in a lovely print.
Gecko said... (3/19/10 2:56 PM) Reply
Great review- thanks for all the good info! I like the idea of using the decorative button on the outside. Looks great!
crazygrad said... (3/19/10 11:40 AM) Reply
Cute blouse. I bet it would look good without the sleeves. And I love your printed skirt.
mylittleelephant said... (3/19/10 11:37 AM) Reply
Great job on sleeves, I will definitely consider that when I get around making this, thanks a lot!
katlew03 said... (3/19/10 10:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the details. Beautiful blouse.
Christas said... (3/19/10 10:37 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for doing such a thorough job of reviewing this. I have been eying this pattern for some time. I do think that your blouse looks very pretty on you. I will have to check back on this review when I finally get around to making mine.

Decades of Style 3009