Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7816 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:3/19/10 8:35 PM

Margaret said... (3/27/10 10:52 AM) Reply
Lizz, I agree... I'd probably buy things from Forever 21 too if I could fit their sizes... going over to their website... hmm, looks like they may have increased their size range now... intriguing. ;) To me the model pictures, etc. for this pattern suggest the juniors age range, but in real life I think those distinctions are breaking down -- people are just buying what they want. As they should, IMHO :)
LizzM26 said... (3/26/10 8:56 PM) Reply
I plan on doing this dress using a size 14. Your dress looks very nice and I think I know what you mean by "certain demographic". I don't agree with you on that comment because as long as you feel good on it and look great you can wear whatever you want to. Your dress looks great! BTW I am 38 and I buy Jr. clothes most of the time at Forever 21 and other stores. :P
Margaret said... (3/21/10 12:09 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Rhonda, this looked to me like it was meant for juniors. I think view A in a dark, elegant fabric would make a nice evening dress/LBD for any age (if willing to go sleeveless...) Susie, the elastic hem is pretty comfortable -- you'll feel it only if taking very big strides, and even so it will stretch. :)
susiestitcher said... (3/20/10 4:30 PM) Reply
I love it! It looks fun to wear, this style looks great on you! Is the elastic bubble hem comfortable? I might be tempted to try it, and I am most assuredly not in the right age demographic! You have inspired me.
maryfrana said... (3/20/10 1:14 PM) Reply
Very nice for spring, of whatever year! Love the bubble skirt.
FreyaStark said... (3/20/10 1:41 AM) Reply
Very nice.
Terri A said... (3/19/10 10:36 PM) Reply
Very fun and young!
Lili123 said... (3/19/10 10:24 PM) Reply
i love the shape of your dress and it fits you well.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/19/10 8:44 PM) Reply
"...probably intended for a certain demographic I'm not in anymore" If not YOUR age, whose??!! ;) CUTE & fun!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2011-148