Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3738 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:3/19/10 9:44 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
valerie sews said... (5/28/10 6:02 PM) Reply
I'm coming in late here but...I LOVE this jacket. I love the pattern and will be buying it. Loved your review and was impressed by your labor of love. PS I have found a universal needle at the appropriate size and correct sewing machine tension is my fallback for sewing just about anything. Sounds contrary I know but it works.
callmeRuth said... (4/20/10 10:54 AM) Reply
I've been looking through some of your past reviews, and I love, love, love this jacket!!!!
rose4524 said... (4/10/10 11:35 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS jacket - what craftsmanship! Thank you for the detailed review. Your aunt is very lucky!
o3b said... (3/24/10 1:47 AM) Reply
I'd been away for a while and was wondering if you've been posting reviews, so I found this recent one! I'm glad to see you were up to sewing. That jacket is beautiful. And of course your review is so entertaining, as usual. Humor runs in your family, no?
AnneMarie60 said... (3/22/10 11:28 AM) Reply
The jacket is stunning! I see why your aunt was so pleased! I think you chose the perfect fabric, in a sumptuous color, and the perfect, dressier buttons to complement the style of this oh-so feminine jacket. I, too, am glad that you felt up to sewing. Thinking about you often, Annette! BTW, I just toured your beautiful home via Flickr! You have quite an eye for decorating, and it's evident that your collections of lovely objects tie in one way or another to the special people in your life.
Sweetiebop said... (3/22/10 10:02 AM) Reply
You are too sweet for words. This jacket is a fabulous gift for anyone. Couture is really the word. Love it.
mleclair said... (3/21/10 7:53 PM) Reply
It's beautiful! I have this pattern and am glad to know it is well drafted. Thanks for a great review. Bless you for sewing for your Aunt. :)
Margaret said... (3/21/10 12:17 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely jacket -- so kind of you to make it for your aunt -- and thanks for your wonderful review! I just love the color and the buttons too!
Danvillegirl said... (3/21/10 9:38 AM) Reply
I annoint you as the Queen of Jackets. Your jackets always turn out so nice. I love this fabric and the look of the jacket is just gorgeous. Glad your Aunt liked it.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/20/10 7:13 PM) Reply
"(What must it be like to go through life looking at your reference books BEFORE you start your project? I'll never know.)" Dear Annette!! That lil comment just "saved" my ongoing project!! Hip Hip Hoorah for Sandra B!! ;)
callmeRuth said... (3/20/10 6:33 PM) Reply
Oh, Annette, I envy your jacket sewing skills. This one is gorgeous!!!
Kay Y said... (3/20/10 5:06 PM) Reply
Fabulous dressy jacket!
elsew said... (3/20/10 5:05 PM) Reply
What an entertaining and most informative review of this pattern that resulted in an absolutely gorgeous garment. You should be soooo proud of yourself. I would not have thought to use the techniques that you implemented in the construction of this garment in the fabric that you chose. A gold star to you for a stellar review and project.
Riesie said... (3/20/10 4:52 PM) Reply
What a beautiful color! Don't you just love peplums - they make for a happy jacket, I think. Always makes me smile to see one.
susiestitcher said... (3/20/10 4:32 PM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely. The color, the buttons, the workmanship -- all quite inspiring. Your auntie must be a special lady to merit your talents. Wonderful review.
Mahler said... (3/20/10 3:17 PM) Reply
Wonderful !!!!!!!!! So chic and sleek. As usual a piece of art.
mssewcrazy said... (3/20/10 2:03 PM) Reply
The thank you response was wonderful as is the jacket. I think even the queen's purse couldn't spoil the look of this one.
renren said... (3/20/10 1:14 PM) Reply
Annette, you are averaging 10 comments per row in the gallery!!! And no wonder!
Karendee said... (3/20/10 12:40 PM) Reply
Oh Jacket Queen, Jacket Queen! You have done it again!!! This cerulean blue silk jacket has stolen my heart and I'm just green with longing (not quite envy.) Of course Anna Ruth loves such an amazing ensemble and it is sewn to perfection!!! To have made this outfit during the last few months is absolutely amazing; ;you are truly my hero!!!
Rhoda K said... (3/20/10 11:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket and a helpful review. Quite a compliment to you from your aunt. I hope she gets asked out soon ;-)
DaisyEsq said... (3/20/10 11:22 AM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. I especially like the silhouette. I'm so glad that you are doing something you love for someone you love.
Barbara V said... (3/20/10 11:01 AM) Reply
Wow Annette, another lovely garment for lucky Aunt Anna Ruth and she is so thrilled with it too! You give so much attention to detail along the way with results no less than perfect! I love this style and have a similar pattern from another company. I hope it turns out as fabulous as yours. Great job!
renren said... (3/20/10 10:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and that color is just stunning!!! I know this has to be a favorite of the things you send Aunt Anna Ruth and I so agree with her about the queen's handbags!!! This review "sounded" just like the reviews that have come to be your trademark style. It has "Annette1" stamped all over it and that is a good, good thing!!!
cmarie12 said... (3/20/10 10:56 AM) Reply
I'm so glad that she liked it because it is beautiful! I have some of that silk crepe still hiding out in my fabric collection and you've inspired me to go and pet it! :) Glad you are feeling well enough to do some sewing!
annie11 said... (3/20/10 10:33 AM) Reply
Wow! What a stunning jacket. And the care that you put into this with the hand basting shows how much your Aunt is loved! Love the buttons too. Just perfection!
marjenann said... (3/20/10 10:29 AM) Reply
Mouthwatering!!!!
okie2thdoc said... (3/20/10 10:02 AM) Reply
I love this color and the style is very nice. Do you have any photos with it on you? Great review.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/20/10 9:14 AM) Reply
AGAIN, you'rea a HOOT, Annette!! Beautiful!! NO ONE but "toi" would make "such a project" for someone else ;). It's gorgeous!! DO make one for yourself, eh--purrrfect for curvy gals!! ;)
mhk3boys said... (3/20/10 9:13 AM) Reply
Wow! Wow! And more Wow! That is a beautiful jacket! Anna Ruth is one lucky chic!
Rebecca D said... (3/20/10 8:28 AM) Reply
A beautiful review and I feel a bit smitten with your dear auntie. I bet your family reunions are a hoot and a half. Great looking jacket.
Catbird said... (3/20/10 8:12 AM) Reply
The only thing better than this would be to be able to SEE it on Aunt Anna Ruth! I'm really swooning over the deep Caribbean blue and the sheen of the silk -- it's incredibly stunning and vibrant. What a beautiful gift you've given her, and her note in return is priceless. And p.s., I love that PEPLUM!
Peggy L said... (3/20/10 8:02 AM) Reply
Another beautiful jacket from the "Jacket Queen". She will love this and its gorgeous color.
BillieJean said... (3/20/10 6:00 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful review as always.
tess said... (3/20/10 5:39 AM) Reply
I don't blame her for liking it it looks absolutely beautiful! Thank you for such an in depth review, really helpful!
Luckylibbet said... (3/20/10 5:21 AM) Reply
Duplicate due to our downsizing of broadband.
Luckylibbet said... (3/20/10 5:10 AM) Reply
Hey Annette, I haven't shouted out to you for a long while. This looks great. I love all your Anna Ruth projects - she's a hoot and a half - or maybe even three quarters? Thanks for yet another terrific review.
FreyaStark said... (3/20/10 1:39 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous, and a superb piece of work.
Heidi Ho said... (3/20/10 1:11 AM) Reply
Lucky Aunt to receive such a beautiful jacket!! I love that gorgeous shade of blue.
Athene said... (3/20/10 0:53 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous jacket and the buttons are so fabulous. Aunt Anna Ruth sure is one lucky lady to have you sewing for her.
Elke said... (3/20/10 0:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and gorgeous fabric choice!
Patti B said... (3/20/10 0:20 AM) Reply
This is just a beautiful jacket and what a great niece you are to make it for your aunt. Love your attitude too! BTW, I just reviewed Roberta Carr's book -- we must be channeling her!
Dynamo said... (3/19/10 11:39 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! Such a gorgeous colour. I'm sure your Aunt must be thrilled to receive such a wonderful gift.
MaryDB said... (3/19/10 11:29 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket, great review! Thanks so much for calling my attention to this pattern.
sewing for fun said... (3/19/10 11:18 PM) Reply
Okay, my adjectives are woefully insufficient! I love the jacket, the color and the buttons. Excellent workmanship and wonderful detailed review!!
Elona said... (3/19/10 10:58 PM) Reply
You are a saint to sew things like this for your Aunt Ruth, but my gosh, this is a lovely piece! It is so much more charming than the pattern photo would illustrate. Really delightful!
Terri A said... (3/19/10 10:17 PM) Reply
Wow great job! I always wondered about Dharma Trading for silks - thanks!
Christas said... (3/19/10 10:06 PM) Reply
Ahhhh! It is just BEOOOOOOOOOTIFULLLLLLL! The color is gorgeous, and those buttons are PERFECTIMUNGO! Of course, Anna Ruth LOVES it; she would be CRAZY if she didn't! I love your reviews so much. I am so glad you are able to fit some sewing in these days.

Favorite Things L005