Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5215 (Short Sleeved T-Shir)

Reviewed by:sewinggeek

About sewinggeekstar
CO United States
Member since: 1/26/06
Posted on:3/21/10 7:04 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
sewtea said... (6/4/10 8:54 PM) Reply
I think you got a great fit here, good enough for a tried and true pattern. The only thing you may like to add is an armsycle dart. It looks fab on you, you did a great job. Thanks for your review, I have the pattern out and will make with your suggestions on fit in mind.
sewinggeek said... (3/23/10 10:43 AM) Reply
Okay, you guys have pursuaded me. I had actually never transferred all the changes to the pattern so I did that last night and we'll see what happens. Thanks for all your support and encouragement.
Sherril Miller said... (3/22/10 10:25 PM) Reply
It might have taken awhile, but I think you've finally arrived. Make it again with the altered pattern. I think you've got a TNT pattern now. It looks great.
maespinoza28 said... (3/22/10 12:18 PM) Reply
I think this turned out really nice and I love the color! As much time as you've spent tweaking it, I think you came out with a nice fit. I've got this pattern in my stash, and you've got me wanting to try it out. Thanks for the review!
Tall Mary said... (3/22/10 11:09 AM) Reply
Maybe you could use this one as a muslin. It looks like you are getting closer to it fitting well. I do like the style and fabric color on you. I would try this one again with maybe a little more tweaking on the sides near the hem. Also wearing a necklace near your face would draw attention upwards. Thanks for this review.
Rebecca D said... (3/22/10 6:40 AM) Reply
The fit turned out great. Maybe it's worth it to make more after you've put in all this work?
petro said... (3/22/10 4:25 AM) Reply
sorry duplicate post
petro said... (3/22/10 4:24 AM) Reply
You ended up with a good fit despite the problems, I like your use of darts from under bust to hemline.
no7262 said... (3/21/10 7:34 PM) Reply
It looks great after all your hard work! Great for the changing weather! Nora :)

The Technique of Underlining Garments